Friday, May 19, 2017

Your Faith Will Be Tested and Asking Where is the Love?

Galatians 6:9King James Version (KJV)

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.


If you are a Christian long enough, you will have times that test your faith. One question coming to me regarding being a Christian and seeking a closer relationship with God, is this idea of "Where is the love?"

I have to admit, somethings weigh on me heavily. When one sees what a mess the "Christian" world is, that is not always faith enhancing. The oppression of false Christians leads many away from the gospel. There were times, I was writing for this blog and thought, "It's gotten so crazy". One can see the non-believers who threw their hands up long ago or those who have fallen away and done so. As I wrote in the ODM article, I can understand why some go quiet.

This may shock some, but I got very scared of falling away for a period of time. I know this sounds bad. I was afraid. I am JUST coming out of it.  I almost fainted. I got tired.  I was embarrassed to even write of this time until NOW. I did not want to make anyone stumble, but now I have come out if it,I feel more comfortable writing about it.

One thing, these moments will happen. Christians need to be prepared for them. One struggle I have faced and written and hinted about a little bit, is feelings that God does not love me. There are times in the faith life, where one has to blockade one's own emotions and stand on decision and scripture. I have had those times. My own emotions were telling me to "Give up" and "Throw it all in the bag".

Lots of people had those monster parents, who could not or did not love them or imposed conditions on them. I know part of my recent spiritual struggle in being free from spiritual abusers, and more was rooted in some of that earlier conditioning. As people here know already and I have admitted I faced severe abuse as a child.

Because of my upbringing I believe I was vulnerable to spiritual abusers, and others who came with a long laundry list, presenting God as another "demanding" "parent" who would remove His love upon the littlest infraction. This is the aspect of fundamentalism that rankled me more and more. This vision of God as a nothing but a punishing "authoritarian" where all were to be crushed under his foot for the smallest infraction.

I had a recent email debate with one reader of this blog. She kept focusing on remarriage, and in her case she divorced her second husband. Her first husband was long ago gone, and married to another woman. I told her why pile sin upon sin, as she divorced the second husband she cared for. The first husband has already committed "fornication" to be with someone else. So everyone ends up alone? A second husband crying alone in a house, forsaken for a life alone? I wrote her and said, "Where is the love in that?"

She told me that I needed to tell people that one sin could send you to hell, I said if that is true, no one is getting into heaven. She also knew I had written and warned about "easy believism" and more. Maybe she is someone who needed to justify a decision she made, and was real but I found the whole exchange weird.

I felt sorry for her, that she saw God in the way that she did. No one in this life can be perfect. If God expects us to be perfect to get into heaven, forget it. Only Jesus Christ is perfect and He is the way we are getting in. I was made weary from this exchange.

In the evangelical world, there's too many people with NO MERCY. Some suffer because they have no mercy even for themselves.  There is a lot of coldness. Judgment comes first and mercy last. We can see it in politics. Mercy isn't even a word you hear much in evangelical circles.

Luke 6:36 - Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Most now are rallying for all the health care and Social Security to be taken away. If some of these health bills are passed, my life will be directly affected. We have even discussed leaving the country if we are unable to stay alive or pay our rent. My husband finally got some medical care for the first time in ten years only to maybe have it instantly snatched away. How much mercy is there out there anymore in a country that has fallen in love with power and showing none of it?

 Some of you have seen me complain about Trump and I pointed out the other day an article where nonbelievers are basically saying Christians are appearing as sociopaths to them. I know what they mean, for I have felt it. There's real people who are having their lives destroyed all over this nation. Ever see the Christian pastors ask why the rent is so high? I got friends in bigger cities paying 2/3rds of their income on rent and having it increased by 200 dollars every year while their wages go flat  The "official" evangelical world has embraced our oppressors. 

I was told by the spiritual abuser, that I was the one "demonized" instead of my wicked abusers. That discrepancy got to me. I think of various religious messengers who told me over and over that I was no good and did not measure up. I had enough of that growing up. Sadly that left me more vulnerable to predators like that, as I sought to "people please" and be a "good enough" person.

What was I to think of the "you are never good enough" crowd? They hurt my relationship with God, because I started to see God as just someone else, I never was "good enough" for, even though I had trusted in the righteousness of Jesus Christ for my salvation.  Look at the Duggars and others with their long laundry list of rules. This idea of never measuring up, was given to me by these people. I believe now most aren't even saved, they saw "god" as a pissed off sheriff ready to shoot every sinner or beat them up with a baseball bat. So wonder they have no qualms about their lauded politicians blowing up thousands of people browner then them overseas. They kept telling me one sin slip up and their "god" was ready to smack me into yesterday.  They told me, my body was broken down and had severe things wrong with it, due to my endless sins and "lack of faith".

People who believe in a "mean""god"can have him.I want nothing to do with their 'false god" and antichrist. And yes that is who they follow. So many are caught up in America vestiges of achievement, showing off and different interpretations of the prosperity gospel, they don't even see how their "religion" has lost all love.  My own faith was impacted by this feeling that my life in this country had no value, and that I would be thrown into a gutter to die, because of "muh taxes". This kind of thing gets to a person.

John 13:34King James Version (KJV)

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

The love has been lost, among many.

Spiritual abuse can mess with a person's mind. I have not come out unscathed.  This spiritual abuse was more then any earthly counselors could deal with. The only Counselor I have for this one is the Holy Spirit. Who would believe my tales about a closet Satanist who writes against the new world order and acted as a loving friend before starting the mind screws? They would all say I had become mentally ill and would unload the psychotropic drugs. Over a short period of years, I was betrayed multiple times. I even had to dump a friend of thirty years from college,  I believe was "connected" to my parents and who rose up ranks in the Army. When she admitted to me, somethings she did for her "work", I knew we could not be friends anymore. She basically was teaching soldiers to shut off all conscience.

I'm in a time of transition, confronting my own relationship with God. It will be a time to build love and trust I hope. I have asked in terms of all the "fundamentalism" and religious rules that spiritual abusers tried to impose on me, "Where is the love"?

 I have a struggle, that has formed the foundation of my faith testing, I felt unloved by God. I have asked myself, how and why this happened? Too many life struggles? I know one thing that happened is I saw some very wicked people have victory in this world. I had to deal with very wicked people. I've written about this for years. As I grew in the faith, my eyes spiritually opened, and I parted ways from many. Some things I was shown I almost could not handle.

Narcissists and sociopaths don't love anyone but in this world they buy and "get" the "love" and "admiration" of many. Even my past spiritual abuser is "well liked" with grandchildren and family, and higher social standing then me. Other familial abusers have major status in this world, wealth, children and grandchildren as well. Over the last month, I made the decision to walk away from my ENTIRE FAMILY, and I do not just mean "mother" and others, I have already done so with years ago, but cousins and outlying relatives as well. For some of us that division Jesus spoke of has already come.

When I parted ways from abusers, no one would listen to my side of the story, the family rallied around the most wicked. For years, my name was smeared among all of them. However as I grew in the Christian faith, much of their life, values and focus on appearances and wealth grew more loathsome to me. While I believe homosexuals are far too harangued as many heterosexual sins are ignored, having one ENTIRE family in my family come out as homosexual [they have done so Facebook] with a gay father and homosexual teenage son and now a teenage daughter with no hormonal or physical problems ready to mutilate herself to turn male, I couldn't tolerate it. I cried over this girl and what had been done to her. She has already taken a male name. Her father's and brother's rejection of women has obviously impacted her. The wicked people kept me away from their children so there was no way for me to reach out to her.

My contact was rare with these cousins, but I noticed the rest of the family supported all of this. even my own mother.  I found out other relatives before the homosexuals came out, knew of their orientation. This told me fast, while so many objected to the religious things I had posted. Another family member also died, who I had been cut off from. In her case, she was poor and abused too, but she never escaped and she believed what they told her. This relative had rejected the gospel directly from me. I had a lot of grief which formed a lot of my spiritual angst.

There's a lot more to the family picture, my family is "connected", most are mid-level--6 figures-- they are at the good government job, Catholic church level. There's a few multimillionaire cousins, and one brother in law running for state senator. One cousin is a priest who ran an Indian boy's home, yes I found the school listed on one of those sexual abuse websites though his name was never specifically mentioned. My mother's best friend got a very high government job and was a canon lawyer nun. She got her, her first job. There are connections to a large very well known Catholic college. I guess you get my drift. I found out that as our household sunk into poverty, 6 figure relatives got others good professional jobs out of college.With one cousin, three relatives even lied to me about what town she lived in to hide the connected job she got out of college.  I was in the fog and clueless about a lot. Discovering multitudes of lies, was quite difficult. I feel freer now in being away but I have had the pressure of having absolutely no family in this world outside my husband. For some of Christians in this world, these things will happen.

When you see me post things about the idolatry of the family in the churches, there is a reason for it. I admit my own experiences weren't normal but I believe many of the family focused churches are doing many a disservice. What if you have no family?

It's scary when you see so many people becoming empty to match an empty culture. - What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul? I know one thing I struggled with was feeling like the wicked had "won". They had the admiration of all, and I was cut off. No one wanted or cared about my side of the story. For years my beliefs had been vilified or openly mocked. There was no choice but to walk away.  I walked away from the majority a few years ago but the decision to walk away from all of them was hard but had to be done.

The wicked often have the world's love and goodwill and this can be a severe testing of faith. Some of us end up the ones alone, while we ask God, "Why won't He open people's eyes?" I struggled big time watching everyone march to the side of the narcissists and sociopaths. While I will tell people be prepared to deal with the wicked of this world, the church system will deny they even exist. They will tell you to reconcile with the non-repentant wicked. I would be called "hateful" in the majority of  churches in making the choice to walk away from a wicked family.

The same "group-think" I saw among my family, I also have seen in some Christian circles and the evangelical world as a whole. Conformity comes first, oppression of the poor is openly supported, and always being in competition is there too. I felt that wicked people had triumphed and God had not listened to my prayers. Satan was out to destroy me.

I basically in the last 4 years have walked away from a lot of people. It created a lot of angst and a spiritual testing that was severe especially realizing I had to walk away from the last who chose to believe the lies of sociopaths, and of this world.While some may see this action as unloving for me doing, there are people in this world there can be no real communication with, I tried for decades and followed God's leading. I also am examining myself, asking "Where is the love?" I have to ask it of myself too of course. The very nature of God is being maligned in the eyes of many people because of the lack of love they hold.

I am coming out of this faith test, it was not easy.

 My own relationship with God is changing. I can't be under the yoke of a "God" I see as lacking love for me like my own family and which left me vulnerable to spiritual abusers. God Himself I think is setting me free. He after all gave me the strength to walk away from the wicked. 

Psalm 10Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Psalm 10
1 Why standest thou afar off, O Lord?
why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?
2 The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor:
let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.
3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart’s desire,
and blesseth the covetous, whom the Lord abhorreth.
4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God:
God is not in all his thoughts.
5 His ways are always grievous;
thy judgments are far above out of his sight:
as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.
6 He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved:
for I shall never be in adversity.
7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud:
under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
8 He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages:
in the secret places doth he murder the innocent:
his eyes are privily set against the poor.
9 He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den:
he lieth in wait to catch the poor:
he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
10 He croucheth, and humbleth himself,
that the poor may fall by his strong ones.
11 He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten:
he hideth his face; he will never see it.
12 Arise, O Lord; O God, lift up thine hand:
forget not the humble.
13 Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God?
he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.
14 Thou hast seen it;
for thou beholdest mischief and spite, to requite it with thy hand:
the poor committeth himself unto thee;
thou art the helper of the fatherless.
15 Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man:
seek out his wickedness till thou find none.
16 The Lord is King for ever and ever:
the heathen are perished out of his land.
17 Lord, thou hast heard the desire of the humble:
thou wilt prepare their heart,
thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:
18 to judge the fatherless and the oppressed,
that the man of the earth may no more oppress.




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

BB. I think once before I mentioned that in these last times there will be a "wearing out of the saints". This world is set up in direct opposition to us. I fully understand your situation as I'm in the same boat. I try not to think about it and stay in the Word as much as possible. I believe that God will give us what we need, I'm not saying we will live the way we want, but we will have the bare necessities which is good enough for me. I do hope you understand that there is nothing that us or anyone can do that could separate us from the love of God. We are his children, and the love is unconditional. John the baptists while in prison had his moments of doubt, but in the end he continued in faith and the preaching of Gods Word. We cannot lose our salvation, and are now working any way we can to do the will of the Lord, and build us up treasures in heaven that will never disappear or be stolen, or taken away. Please build up your faith by staying in the Word. Have faith in the Lord, he will provide for us. He fully understand our struggles. Just think of what awaits us when our life is over, then continue to build up those treasures. Your blog is good work. Continue in exposing the wickedness that awaits a believer at every corner in these troubling times. You can't drive down the street without seeing some form of wickedness..... God bless...James

Bible Believer said...

Thank you James. I am thankful I got through it with God's help. I do think there is a literal wearing out of the saints too. Many churches are vague about those verses, acting as if one will have a few hardships here and there. I agree about bare necessities, I have calmed down about the money end of life, God got me food or the ability to keep a roof over my head enough times. Thank you for writing nothing that we can do can separate us from the love of God. I know I needed to feel loved by God again, it is the workers for the deceiver seeking to destroy the love of God. Yes I will keep in scripture, it is a life-line for faith. Thanks regarding the blog and I agree with you about just driving down the street.

Anonymous said...

Please consider to forgive the unrepentant. Both Jesus and Stephen prayed for forgiveness of those who hated them. Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors, says the Lord's Prayer. You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

One of the greatest things we have when we have no one is the ability to hear from God's Holy Spirit. The noise of this world and I mean noise tries to inflict us with unGodly influences, unGodly opinions, unGodly news and anything else unGodly our soul will embrace. When we are away from all of it, what is left is our pure devotion to God. Everything else becomes chatter which is tainted by the world. My husband and I stopped attending movies 28 years ago. No more evil chatter. We don't have cable so no evil chatter there. Not going to a church building, no conflicting heresy on the word of God, so our souls are quiet and still. Does it mean I don't speak up when necessary, I do. Wrote a church about using the pagan word "Easter" and never heard back. In quietness we can hear from the Lord, in quietness we don't have all the confusion and division infiltration. I am grateful BB that you are protecting yourself from past abuse. We can't allow others to destroy us and enjoy doing so. I don't think people understand the depth of evil that flows from these individuals. It's not like they are having a bad day and want to take it all out on us. They enjoy destroying their scapegoat and think of it as a game they want to play. Why would we want to fit in a church setting that is not loving or really authentic in personal relationships. It is so much about competition, hierarchy, status and popularity. It's not much different than high school. If there is a real bride of Christ fellowship out there the Lord would lead us to it. I want to see the lost get saved. I don't want anyone going to hell. God can use us as believers to reach out to the lost and open doors for us. BB you are encouraging the body of Christ by writing on this blog. We appreciate you sharing your true feelings which is so rare these days. Most are concerned about other things in this life. I do believe God is our healer. He healed me of a bad childhood. When we realize where certain individuals are coming from, we know we don't have to stand in the way of a tornado or come under a hurricane's downpour. It's just not healthy to do so to prove how strong we are. We are not suppose to walk into satan's den or a hive of bees. Even Jesus said to wipe the dust off your feet and move on if they don't receive you.

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

I think the real struggle lies with who can one trust? So if a person truly needs help, there are those who would love to help but if there is no avenue to do so then the help may not come in the most obvious way.

I had to learn what it meant for a Father to love me. The only love of a Father I knew was God. He didn't have to prove His love but He did time and time again and continues to do so. There is no sweeter, deeper and purer love than His. I am so grateful for it.
Debra

Anonymous said...

Psalm 91:1-4
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shall thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Heather

Anonymous said...

BB. Scripture calls the people you're referring to as "workers of iniquity". These type of people are not you're average everyday unsaved sinners. Throughout scripture it's the "workers of iniquity" that are seeking to destroy Gods children.....James

Anonymous said...


BB. I really do encourage people to use a concordance only to find out how many times "workers of iniquity" is used, and in what context. These people are deceitful people who reject God and are out for destruction. I read how Jesus himself tells those who say "haven't we done good works in your name" to depart from him because they work iniquity. These are those false Christians like Roman Catholics and orthodoxy that have who destroyed true believers throughout history. I'm not saying every one is like this, but there are many. These are those people who knowingly reject the gospel. Workers of iniquity come in all different "religions" from modern "science" all the way to the false Christianity that permeates society. Scriptures says God has a "strange punishment" in store for people like this. Their punishment will be greater. This is only two verses out of many..God bless.....James.......Job 31:3 Is not destruction to the wicked? and a strange punishment to the workers of iniquity?


Psalm 14:4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD

Paul said...

Hi.
Just wanted to share that I can fully relate to most of what you are expressing in this post. While my experiences have been somewhat different then yours. We do share some things in common. I found the greatest test of my faith, the greatest struggles with what being a Christian really is, was while I attended church over the years. I too believe that if we are truly following Christ and we truly have His Spirit within us, we will be repulsed by much of what we see and hear in the churches, and in the world. However, I have to say, the worst lies, the darkest struggles come within the churches. I believe that is because many in churches today are not really saved. I believe that most pastors or church leaders are either connected to Freemasonry or Jesuitism, or have been seduced by these groups to follow their teachings either directly or indirectly. I too eventually had to withdraw myself from the influences of the people I associated with within the churches. So i became ostracized in a sense from the "in groups" like men's leadership groups or youth groups, or the "inner circle" of the "acceptables" who never question anything. The result was I began to question if I was really saved. I ended up withdrawing from these connections, and eventually from family too. So I went through a period of about ten years where I felt rejected and an outcast, sometimes feeling that God Himself had cast me off too. It was a hard period in my life, a time of real struggle, and I experiencing a number of major setbacks in my life during that time. But I do remember one bible verse that I believe God gave to me one day as a promise. It was like a ray of light in the darkness and doubt I was going through at that time.
(Philippians 1:6) "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"
I think this is an important verse for all Christians especially during these insane days that we live in.
I have a second part to this post which I will add because of character limitations

Paul said...

Despite the world going quite literally insane all around us. Despite the churches falling into deep, deep apostasy. God's plan for us personally and for the world continues on. Nothing will be able to pull God away from the plan He has for us as His children. When we get truly saved, and our hearts yearn to be like Him, and we long in our spirits for His truth. Even when everything else is falling apart around us, we still belong to Him, and nothing, no one can remove us from the palm of His hand. I have come to firmly believe God allows time in the "wilderness" to build our character and our faith in Him and His word alone.
I should add that I am no longer in that dark place that was in for years. About nine or ten years ago God began to bring me out of that place. He began to show me through hearing others speak the truth of what is going on in the church and in the world, that we are so very close to His return. I began to understand that it wasn't just me. That indeed there was something wrong with the churches, with Christianity, with church leadership. I still fight the same battles with those who call themselves christian who teach or follow false doctrine. My wife and I have some family members in bondage to NAR doctrine. We have had to learn to love them as Christ loves us when we ourselves go astray sometimes. We pray for them and others who have turned their backs on us. We try to make it a priority to make sure Jesus Christ is our "first love" as never before and we ask Him to help us to love the people who are so very difficult to love, with His love. That doesn't mean we seek them out to fellowship with them. But we try to have His heart toward them and lift them up to Him and ask that He bring conviction to them and wake them up before it is too late.But we also guard ourselves and our hearts.
But we still have times when we feel overwhelmed by the insanity of this world and how dark things are getting. Sometimes we forget and we get focused on these things, or we get focused on ourselves and how we feel. And we begin to fret about how we will survive all this craziness. But then we have to turn to His word and ask for His help to lift our eyes back on Him.
So we have to discipline our hearts and minds as soldiers of Christ to trust Him. That we are here according to His will and so we try to pray "God use us for your glory in any way you can". Usually we don't know how He will, or can use us. But we try to have patience and just keep asking Him and trusting He will use us in His time. And we have had some opportunities lately to provide some gospel material to one relatives young children. That is a great privilege for us given what we know what these children will face once they start school. God help them.
So let me say to you that your blog here is being used of God. You are being used of God. You try to speak the truth and warn others. That is important. Let God use you where you are and trust Him that He knows what is best. Don't let Satan discourage you. God will provide and sustain us. We may all face severe persecution yet, before the Lord comes back. So God help us all to be strong, courageous and to have our faith sharpened and strong so we can stand during those times to come.
We were just reading Micah 7 yesterday and found it very encouraging. It clearly is speaking of times like we are living in.
I might also suggest a series of devotionals written by Jerri Massi. I think you can only find them on Amazon. They are titled "30 Days of Faith", "30 Days of Praise", "30 Days of Holiness", etc. She wrote these with "victims of legalistic teachings".
I hope I have passed something on her to encourage you. I am praying for you dear sister and your husband. You are loved. By God and by others. Remember that. Take courage.

Paul said...

I fully agree with what "anonymous" posted 12:09 May 19. Very good points that we all need to keep in mind. It is a wonderful blessing that we can encourage and build each other up.
(Jude 1:20-21) "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, {21} Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."

Linda said...

God bless you Bible Believe, I am praying for you and William Schully.

Linda

Debra said...

Wikipedia: The Pharisees /ˈfærəˌsiːz/ were at various times a political party, a social movement, and a school of thought in the Holy Land during the time of Second Temple Judaism. After the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 CE, Pharisaic beliefs became the foundational, liturgical and ritualistic basis for Rabbinic Judaism.

Of all the major Second Temple sects, only the Pharisees remained,[citation needed] poised with teachings directed to all Jews that could replace Temple worship. Such teachings extended beyond ritual practices. According to the classic midrash in Avot D'Rabbi Nathan (4:5):

The Temple is destroyed. We never witnessed its glory. But Rabbi Joshua did. And when he looked at the Temple ruins one day, he burst into tears. "Alas for us! The place which atoned for the sins of all the people Israel lies in ruins!" Then Rabbi Yohannan ben Zakkai spoke to him these words of comfort: "Be not grieved, my son. There is another way of gaining ritual atonement, even though the Temple is destroyed. We must now gain ritual atonement through deeds of loving-kindness."

Thus, as the Pharisees argued that all Israel should act as priests, the Rabbis argued that all Israel should act as rabbis: "The rabbis furthermore want to transform the entire Jewish community into an academy where the whole Torah is studied and kept .... redemption depends on the "rabbinization" of all Israel, that is, upon the attainment of all Jewry of a full and complete embodiment of revelation or Torah, thus achieving a perfect replica of heaven.

The rabbis believe that Moses was (and the Messiah will be) a rabbi...

My notes: Their false Messiah will be the anti-Christ who will be a man of peace and love. Love that is counterfeit, love that betrays in wicked ways, love that will hate Christians because they are not under the law of Moses.

How many in the religious world seek to attain atonement by loving deeds of kindness while rejecting Jesus Himself. 2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

So I believe with all my heart that God's love is the only pure love on earth. We may have opportunities to find His love flowing through hearts who have yielded their lives to Him. But as BB states where is the love? It is found only in God Himself for He is love.

Love Comes from God I John 4:7-14
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

I John 4:15-18 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Annabel said...

Dear BB, after reading your post and the other comments I can only thank the LORD Jesus that He did already separate me from family ties and corrupt local church very early (age 50, saved in 2005). I suppose I can hardly grasp what this must mean to you when growing up in a country especially worshipping money and family (I am German native). So I never got that kind of deluded or tempted in faith. My fights were of another kind... Anyway, just some recommendation in case of lacking THE feeling or security to be loved by God: a) watching the movie "The gospel of John" (2003) free online on YouTube and b) reading 1st John letter at least 3 times in a row. If it doesn't get better, read it again. It cannot be that 1st John doesn't work in case of depression or feeling unloved by Jesus. Thank you for blogging here, I really do appreciate. I am on Google + "Corinna Schütt" you may check out my profile there, I try to encourage and strengthen others too. My hsb and me are isolated without family or local church now ever since we're saved. But we absolutely don't have these problems with faith, perhaps exactly for that reason. If God says "go OUT from her my people" He must have known why this is best endtimes advice. Not only this, it is an ORDER. Stay blessed, much love and greetings from Germany!