Thursday, February 2, 2017

A Verse For You If You Get Angry At God

"When my soul was embittered, when I was pricked in heart, I was brutish and ignorant; I was like a beast toward you. Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory." (Psalm 73:21–24).

If you get angry at God and sin, this is a good verse. Some weeks ago, in pain with horrible mouth sores from a flu and my husband getting very sick on the same day, I sinned and felt angry at God. This was first time in a long time anything like this had happened. I am not perfect and blamed God for things that were not His doing. We all have to be careful to see where our emotions carry us. Some Christian friends counseled me and assured me during this time.  I read the verse "I was like a beast towards you" and it applies. It is something that hit me out of the blue too.

God will forgive you if you get angry at Him and sin and go and repent. It was a very troubling time for me.

Is it wrong to get angry at God.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you BB for sharing. Many of us can relate to your experience. God knows our frailties and like a loving Father He doesn't stop loving us because we are hurt and lash out at Him in our misery. He knows that when we come to our senses that we will regret it and reconcile ourselves to Him.

He loves us with an unfailing love that we as humans cannot understand or comprehend. He feels our hurt and has compassion upon us. He knows that our frustrations are a result of our flesh and not a reflection of who we really are in Christ.

This life throws some pretty tough things at us from time to time. We can become discouraged and think God has abandoned us. As we share with one another about this happening we encourage others to not shrink away from the Lord after we have become angry with Him, but to run back into His welcoming arms.

Anonymous said...

It's common for a Christian to get angry at God, because we consider Him omnipotent. Pagans don't care.

Bible Believer said...

Thank you anon. I agree God knows our frailties too. Yes we need that time to come to our senses. It is true that in His Love He will forgive and have understanding for us. Yes I agree people need to not give in to the danger of shrinking away from God and being able to work and pray things out. It is better to be open and honest about this as it is part of the human condition.

Second anon, I think most pagans have been taught to blame themselves. Even the basics of karma, basically say you are getting what you deserved from a past life.

Anonymous said...

Beware of the Got Questions. org-- though they may have some sound advice in some areas.

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/got-questions.htm