Sunday, July 17, 2016

Angry Comments on the Disney Article

See: Why Do Christian Parents Take Their Children To Walt Disney World

I get behind answering comments on articles, and I noticed some outraged comments I had forgotten to respond to from a long time ago. It is interesting to me that exposure of Disney would bring this much ire. Sadly I know good people who love Disney world, but they do not see through it's lies and deceptions.

The reaction to this one was as bad as the reaction to the Fairies article. Sometimes I worry about erring in writing about some of these controversial off-shoot topics, but with both there are spiritual realities here that cannot be ignored. Disney taught me as a child to fall in love with the idea of MAGIC. There laid some roots for my interest in witchcraft and following alternative religious paths of perdition.

Fantasy isn't all benign. Some claim it is, and it's just harmless fun but it isn't. Some misunderstood my fairies and gnomes article to act like I see them running around on a daily basis, but why don't they ask where the love of little magical fantasy beings came from. Even the firmly materialist atheists seem rather upset over someone not liking the Keebler Elves!

These comments are interesting for showing the points of views out there. One thing I know as I write this blog everyone lumps me in the screaming fundamentalist camp like I look like the woman on Jesus Camp having the kids pray to George W. Bush. They seem me as just another "Satanic panic" woman but why don't people ask about certain cultural things and their true meaning? Why do they like and accept and pay money for things just because they are told to? Posting against Disney World brought out some of the most anger I've seen on this blog:

Thinker said... You're all coming from fear which is what the Christian Church depends upon and uses to control the masses. The Bible itself is one of the bloodiest books ever written, yet it is perfectly fine to allow children to read it, with all of the incest, murder, sacrifices and threats from a jealous, yet all loving God who will always forgive you, but also condemn you to hell, and who always seems to want more of your $. I cannot believe how far fetched some peoples' views and beliefs have become in the 21st century. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Really? Get a grip people. December 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM

 I've heard those you are all coming from fear line so many times. Supposedly in this world there is nothing to be afraid of. Well the Bible tells us to fear for our souls and the devil as a raving wolf. I know the middle class which is the demographic group that pays the thousands of dollars to go to Disney World has less to be afraid of then some poor kid about to be shot in the inner city by gang warfare or some people going hungry on the other side of the world. The Bible talks about bloody and evil things because it is WARNING people, it talks about real things that happen in this world It's not unicorn dreams and Disney magic! What is modern about watching flying elephants and witches waving wands?

"Anonymous said... Wow, Dude, You are pretty much crazy! lol Good for you for having a super high standard though. I think it's funny though how the people who write far out stuff like this are never soul-winners. They are also very inconsistent with regular church attendance and rarely fall in line with their Pastor's wishes because they always seem to know the Bible better than their Pastor anyway. I have also found that people who hold these types of opinions have horrible people skills and by in large do not have many people they are friendly with. Typically though they are the victim. It's an illness that keeps me from church, they say. Or I'm just standing up for God and that's why I don't have many friends they will cry. Whatever you say, but I will all but guarantee that you are most likely one of the most hypocritical, inconsistent Christians there is."
December 30, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I've never claimed to be the best Christian, and they are right I don't fall in line with any Pastor's wishes and don't go to church. I do have horrible people skills. Okay guilty as charged.  I don't like Disney world, it makes me a curmudgeon not to go along with the fantasies I guess! Hating Disney is the same as hating Santa Claus! Whoops guilty as charged there too!

 Anonymous said... all I can say is congratulations for gagging at gnats. don't you have anything better to do??? Go get involved at church and help a win the lost. hypocrite  April 13, 2015 at 8:05 PM

 I've never seen a pastor warn against Disney World in my life, maybe for the few that know, they know the reactions among their church would be extreme outrage. Is it a gnat to tell people to not teach children love of magic?

April 13, 2015 at 8:05 PM Anonymous said... You people with your religious paranoia. To tell your child the devil is real? That's sick. Do you have any idea the poison you are inflicting on their innocent minds?  You wackos should be ashamed of yourselves. June 21, 2015 at 5:10 PM




The devil is real, whether people like it or not. I guess it's easier to pretend the devil is a legend when you take kids to movies where the main character dresses up just like the devil such as in Maleficient. Isn't it kind of whacked out to take a kid to a movie with this character as "wholesome entertainment"? What ever happened to Anne of Green Gables or something?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this brilliant article! I agree with you! Anne of Green Gables the movie and the sequel movie are family favourites! Another great series for kids are The Waltons. Movies that were great were the two based on books by Patricia St. John: Treasures of the Snow and The Tanglewoods' Secret!

Bible Believer said...

Thanks :) I never heard of those two other books. It just seems they want the kids focused on the scary and evil. These things do influence them. Disney has so much predictive programming. The reaction to this article told me how much Disney holds sway over our modern culture.

Anonymous said...

Patricia St. John was a British Christian author. Her books have great Christian messages for children [and adults ;)].

Here is the book blurp of Treasures of the Snow:

A story of vicious revenge and hard repentance.

Annette and Lucien are enemies. After Annette gets Lucien into trouble at school, he decides to get back at her by threatening the most precious thing in the world to her: her little brother Dani. But tragedy strikes. Annette is so filled with rage that she sets out to alienate and humiliate Lucien at every turn. As Lucien seeks to repent and restore, light floods both of their dark hearts and Christ proves that He makes all things new.

Here is the book blurp of The Tanglewoods' Secret:

Ruth and her beloved brother Philip find solace in the expanse of the Tanglewoods' property. There they escape into bird watching, climbing, and general misadventures with their friend Terry.

But life with their Aunt is harsh, and Ruth suffers from an incorrigible temper. Just when she thinks she can't take it anymore, she learns a very special secret about a very special Shepherd. When a dreadful accident hurts one they love, Ruth and Philip learn that the Tanglewoods' Secret isn't meant to be kept a secret.

The movies following the books beautifully. Wish parents showed their children these things that do REALLY carry beautiful "Christian" messages! :)

Anonymous said...

Wellaware1.com said Disney was really Kermit Roosevelt and Hitler. Disney lived in the exact house Hitler did and he proves it.

Bible Believer said...

Thanks for telling me more about those books, they do sound interesting.

Disney same guy as Hitler, that seems a stretch. I am not so sure about that wellaware websites, I will check it out. I do know dictators have doubles, maybe Kermit was in some news reels or something.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about the comments people leave. I've been called every name in the book for discussing the gospel with people online. The December comment about soul winning sounds like something Steven Anderson, or one of his followers would say. This is a good blog, and there is no telling how man seeds were planted by people reading it. Hopefully people will believe on the Lord and he will give the increase. Keep up the good work and God bless.

Bible Believer said...

Oh I was showing these to show how outraged people got about Disney world, doing a blog like this, I get a lot of detractors and yes I have made enemies. Some even came my real life to mess with me. It got scary though I have grown stronger through the years with Gods help. Yeah being shamed for not soul winning is a typical comment. Many who have no discernment want Christians silenced.

Anonymous said...

Fantasy works are just enjoyable pieces of materials for people. In fact, old Hollywood was not as "wholesome" as many of the conservatives wanted to be. There has been scandals and issues in Hollywood since the history of its foundation.


We must have faith in God, not in American "Christian" morality, values, and/or political party ( John 14:6; John 18:36).