I always found Ron Reagan--President Ronald Reagan's son, involvement with the "Freedom From Religion Foundation" to be of interest. It's funny because IFB and right wing evangelical churches see his father Ronald Reagan as some kind of demi-god. Do they know his son went to the opposite side? Even the folks in my last IFB church constantly praised Ronald Reagan. Surely a father is not responsible for the way a son goes, but these organizations are just as tied in with the powerful and elite.
Freedom from Religion Foundation has given an award to multiple celebrities:
Emperor Has No Clothes Award
The Emperor Has No Clothes Award has been awarded by the Foundation since 1999 in recognition of “plain speaking" on the shortcomings of religion by public figures.
Past recipients [see the Freedom From Religion Foundation website]
- 1999 – Steven Weinberg[award 1]
- 2001 – Jesse Ventura[award 2]
- 2001 – Ted Turner[award 3]
- 2001 – Andy Rooney[award 4]
- 2001 – Janeane Garofalo[award 5]
- 2001 – George Carlin[award 6]
- 2001 – Richard Dawkins[award 7]
- 2001 – Katha Pollitt[award 8]
- 2002 – Robert Sapolsky[award 9]
- 2002 – Steve Benson[award 10]
- 2003 – Penn & Teller[award 11]
- 2003 – Roger, Pat & Melody Cleveland[award 12]
- 2003 – Alan M. Dershowitz[award 13]
- 2003 – Natalie Angier[award 14]
- 2004 – Ron Reagan[award 15]
- 2004 – Peter Singer[award 16]
- 2004 – Robyn E. Blumner[award 17]
- 2004 – Anne Gaylor[award 18]
- 2005 – Oliver Sacks[award 19]
- 2006 – Julia Sweeney[award 20]
- 2007 – Christopher Hitchens[award 21]
- 2008 – Daniel C. Dennett[award 22]
- 2009 – Ron Reagan[award 23]
- 2009 – Ursula K. Le Guin[award 24]
- 2009 – William Lobdell[award 25]
- 2010 – Cenk Uygur[award 26]
- 2010 – Ayaan Hirsi Ali[award 27]
- 2011 – Jerry Coyne[award 28]
- 2011 – Charles Strouse[award 29]
- 2013 – Dan Savage[award 30]
- 2013 – Juan Mendez[award 31]
- 2014 – Bart D. Ehrman[award 32]
- 2014 – Sean M. Carroll[award 33]
- 2014 – Donald Johanson[award 34]
Richard Dawkins [picture from Pinterest] Why is he doing a Horus eye in his photograph? He wouldn't believe in Horus either if he's a true atheist.
Is this Bart Erdhman? I tried to find a second copy all over online to confirm. It looks a LOT like him. It was from a Man of the Year contest in some magazine. Well he is loved by the world isn't he?
One sees the same hand signs among the famous celebrity atheist set as they do among the entertainment celebrities.
Why pay homage to the devil if you don't believe he exists?
Where's that freethinking, questioning mind when it comes to cultural precepts? I guess it disappeared for a few seconds.
George Carlin was more well known for comedy but was known to be a famous atheist too, but if you ever saw one of his videos with far too much cussing, someone could give the guy the "most hand signs flashed" award. He was one of those allowed to expose a few truths, but definitely mixed with lies like disbelief in God.
Christopher Hitchens. Not sure about that hand position but he sure seemed to meet with a lot of movers and shakers. I read at least two of his books. "Know thy enemy" and all that. He seemed very elitist.
Then there was Madalyn Murray O'Hare [warning some mild language warnings and talk against God in this video]
You ever wonder how such a foul mouthed and unattractive woman became so famous? She must have been chosen to fight prayer in school and to help spread atheism on purpose. She didn't rise up based on her own merits, she definitely was chosen and for an agenda.
I followed her articles in the late 1980s as I read the magazine American Atheist. She came across as shrill to me but back then I agreed with her viewpoints.
Today some aspects of her life stand out to me. She tried to defect to Russia with her son. She was the one who filed the case against prayer in school which was won. Fame came to her easily and she seemed to be a chosen atheist spokesperson within the system. She married basically someone who was a government agent which is definitely a sign of some connections. I don't buy Slate's disagreement with the book UnGodly, it seems to be wall papering over the reality. It is accepted that Richard O'Hair was a government informant of some kind. Even her death was suspicious, as the finances of American Atheist were kept secret and a betraying employee set her up to be murdered as well as her son and granddaughter who worked for the organization.
So the atheist celebrities work in the same ways the "religious" ones do.