Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Church Gets Greedy





It's surprising more of them haven't thought of this, sending out collection notices for tithes. This church definitely over-stepped boundaries and you wonder if they influenced people's credits ratings? More may follow in this church's footsteps. I have heard of certain tithe levels to influence voting ability with churches. Sadly in the church, those with the most money have the most influence there too. The families that contribute the most, make most of the decisions and get more of the pastor's time. Look how much cash this church wants for special events! I hope this lady finds out the truth about churches.

Churches will help people with food and other things and I've gotten help from churches before so I can't say they do not help anyone, many do but from the vantage point of being poor myself, church is for middle class people and above with expendable income. I'm out of the church system for other reasons, but lack of money alone and the feelings of shame in "not contributing" would be a reason to have left too. Class differences do influence spiritual practices. In America many of the poor are closed out of society. and it's happening in churches too.

Even at the church I just left, they had a banquet dinner I could not attend nor could I afford it. We are low income enough where prepaying 30 dollars for a dinner for two is a burden. We simply did not have it. The poor really have left the churches. We don't belong. You feel the pain of not having money or anything to give the church. Even invitations to a shower or wedding held at the church can be a burden as well when there is no money to buy a good present or even something simple from thrift. Culturally my own class division from the church world only grew more extreme as the years went by and as I aged.

The pastors and others notice who is only throwing 5 bucks in the basket on Sunday morning and who can give real money. Churches at least where I live are predominantly middle class and above, and there is a reason for that. Who can afford church anymore?  Just the fact money runs so much of the show tells you the system is false. Don't get me started on other aspects. I know this female Lutheran-ordained would-be minister where a seminary she graduated from left her with 100,000 in student loans. What kind of tuition did that place charge? And what kind of money did they expect her to make? Get this, even if you have the degree, they don't place you, and she can't get a job as a pastor. I don't agree with female pastors or Lutheranism but something is very wrong with that picture. Deeply wrong.

The bible says this...

Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the thing which he possessed was his own; but they had all things in common.

Tithing is a false teaching.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to the Scripture, what you are describing is not a church. A church is a gathering of believers who organize themselves according to what Jesus and the apostles taught, who hold Scripture as the authority with Christ as the head. These religious organizations have hi-jacked the term "church" and are misleading in my opinion!

Bible Believer said...

I agree, I should have put church in quotes like I do the phrase "Christian" over and over. These are not true churches but religious organizations. The real church is born again Christians.

Anonymous said...

Try and reason with the Hebrew Roots women at our church about tithing and you will get a tongue lashing from these passionate/vicious types of women for they will say to you, "Well then, since you do not understand that we are commanded to tithe in the New Testament, then I will not cast my pearls before swine."

Are these Christian (?-are they really followers of Jesus) women calling those of us who are born again Christians swine? And only they possess the pearls?

We have had seder meals in our church as well, conducted by these very same women who force these things on the rest of us with their guilt laden speech/hearts and many of us are just plain fed up with their schemes. Why are so many churches here in the west, run and operated by the pushy women who don't have their own homes in godly order?

Anonymous said...

I belonged to a church that was very classy about not pressuring people for money but in tough times I couldn't afford to go. even getting clothes to wear was a burden. I watch church service online streaming every Sunday and I donate what I can.

Anonymous said...

Nothing about a building, organization or denomination. (Matthew 6:1-4) - Don

Bible Believer said...

Anon, Hebrew Roots is a false gospel and those women are in a false religion. Is your church Hebrew Roots itself or is this a faction of women? Basically they are judasizers warned of in the Bible.

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2010/07/part-one-deception-using-judaism-titus.html

Of course they are unloading guilt on you, unloading legalisms that come from false doctrine. I hope you can separate from them. Busy-body false religious women can hurt a lot of people. I have that weariness as well.

Bible Believer said...

I am glad your church is good about not pressuring for money however remember those verses the bible says about the lowliest person getting the highest seat. I hope you did not feel more subtle pressures where you felt you had to stay at home. Some places aren't so rude to insist on the money openly from the pulpit but it is done more indirectly. I am sure there are many staying home from lack of a good wardrobe.

Bible Believer said...

Agree Don.

Anonymous said...

Mathew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

What these people do is not only wicked, it is in direct contradiction to the life of Christ and of the Apostles. Who collected everything possible and gave to the poor, who lived in dire poverty without care, and gave all collections to the poor and needy.

Matthew 19:21-24 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

I think this Scripture sums up these false teachers and false church people precisely - it was said to them:

Matthew 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Bible Believer said...

Thanks for that verse. I imagine there many widows giving to these false preachers. I agree it is a direct contradiction to the life of Christ and of the apostles. They live in riches, many of these pastors life a far higher lifestyle then even their own congregation. The ones sending out collection notices definitely do. In the false churches of today, the poor are ostracized. A few of the social justice churches may help the poor with govt. money and programs, and some will send people over-seas on mission "vacations" but many of the churches are becoming club houses for the middle class and above. I have noticed "church" is more a hobby for the well-heeled, while the poor of society are closed out. They never knew or loved Jesus Christ putting mammon far above him.

I thought of this verse from Proverbs too.

Proverbs 14:20
The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.

Sadly the churches are being run on the love of mammon and forsaking the words of Jesus Christ for their love of status and money.

Anonymous said...

Don, you should have included verse 5 also. This is not the first time this has happened. And it won't be the last. Most churches are like this just not as openly and unashamedly ignorant about it as this church. But wait and watch for what is coming in the near future. I think that the Holy Spirit will be going into these churches and overturning the money changers tables, destroying what they have set up.

As far as going to a church that has a "dress code" that is laughable. As long as you are bathed and your clothes are clean there should be no problem. I know that women are different when it comes to this, but I was reared to believe that God does not care what you are wearing because He is looking at your heart. Just like the old hymn says "just as I am".

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Hath broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, of that free love
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
Here for a season, then above,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Joel

Anonymous said...

instead of spending time exposing others, why not spend time working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Blizzard of Bugs said...

Hi Anonymous July 24, 2015 at 12:31,
I am presuming you are quoting Philippians 2:12?
What is the Holy Spirit saying through Paul?
Is God wanting us to let those who are enemies of the cross of Christ to have a pass?
Did Paul give those who were enemies of the cross of Christ a pass when he articulated later in Philippians in 3:18, "(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ".

Jude wrote, "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort unto you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered to the saints".

What did God intend for us to understand when he had Paul write Romans 16:17-18, "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple".

The old and new testament are filled with scriptures such as the above.

Anonymous, what do you make of them?


Anonymous said...

Amen Blizzard of Bugs! Something must have triggered 12:31 into their self righteous tirade of critical correction. I have found this ungodly trait amongst those who desire to put us under their laws and lord it over the flock of Christ. I will pray for you Anon. 12:31.