Monday, July 7, 2014

Victory in Jesus-Hymn




I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood's atoning,
Then I repented of my sins
And won the victory.

Chorus
O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.

I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing power revealing.
How He made the lame to walk again
And caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,"
And somehow Jesus came and brought
To me the victory.

I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory.
And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing,
And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I'll sing up there
The song of victory.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the hymns. I really enjoy them. :-)

Faith

Bible Believer said...

Me too. I wanted to post something uplifting yesterday. This is one of my favorites as well.

Lisa Ruby said...

I love this song! Thanks for posting it.

Lisa Ruby

Ruth Latimer said...

It is such a blessing to hear the old hymns.

When we moved this past year my stereo would not work. We tried and tried to fix it. Several months went by and I tried to fix it again. I don't know how it happened but it's working and I am able to play my old hymns. I find so much peace in them.

Bible Believer said...

I agree Lisa and Ruth. Yes listening to the old hymns helps me too and brings me to more peace. :)