Monday, September 30, 2013

Courtship and Jessa Duggar



One of the Duggar daughters is courting. I do not believe in courtship as the Quiverfuls and ATIs promote it. It causes big time problems. Even all the people who came out of these cults talk about how in some cases they ended up marrying near strangers because they were chaperoned to the point they were never left alone to talk. With all the "Don't give your heart away" stuff many are too invested in having the relationships become a marriage.

 I think it is sad, that if you raise an adult daughter as a Christian you do not trust her to act right and follow the Bible? Where is the trust there? How do you really get to know someone if you can never talk to them alone? I find that all very strange. The monitoring of calls and texts is pathological and control freak territory. I worry for what has been done to them being in the public eye too.

Jessa and Ben have an unusual relationship by modern standards. They met at church and started to get to know one another, which is a normal "how they met" story; however, all of their interactions are monitored by her parents, and their families are deeply involved in their relationship.
 
Explaining the difference between a courtship and dating to People magazine, Jim Bob, 48, said, "Courting is getting to know each other in a group setting, both families spending time together and the couple setting goals together to determine if they are meant to marry. With dating, a couple will often pair off alone and that sometimes leads to a more physical relationship."

I hope and pray for her that this turns out well, but my concern for the rest of the daughters remains, especially Jana. I have prayed for all the Duggar children and adult children that one day they are freed from the ATI cult.

Stay At Home Daughter Says To Submit to Your Dad

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Our oldest daughter, due to our spiritual blindness, under Derek Prince, Bob Mumford ministries, married the pastor's son. They have had a miserable marriage. Plus she has fallen deeper into a religious spirit. We left the church realizing it was truly wrong teaching. We begged her to come with us; it was too late. Also, the pastor is related to Paul Crouch. Many times my husband and I feel deep sorrow over joining that movement.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for you Ruth and my prayers are with you and your family.

I too, have come out of this movement and have been deeply hurt and doubt if I will ever return to the church system where I believe, the vipers reside.

May God protect and guide you in the days ahead as you experience pain and suffering.