Monday, July 8, 2013

Snares That Can Be Out There





Proverbs 22:5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.

Sometimes the world can feel like a tough place. I've lately been in many positions where I've had to withdraw from things because of finding things out. I am not just shown things on here but IRL too.
Remember discernment is not to be used just for the BIG WORLD SCOPE STUFF, but PERSONAL LIFE TOO.

If you live in an area that is less Christian, or less rural, things can be tough out there. I lived in a rural area for almost 10 years, and in comparison to this place I moved several years ago to, it was a culture shock. It is much more "liberal" and while there are a few Christians here, even the numbers of "confessing church Christians" is on the lower side.

One thing the world is growing far more New Age, that one thing I have been facing is having to disassociate myself from even community activities most would deem safe. Take your regular art center, there one may love to paint and draw but be careful there even. There are some that are definitely alright for a Christian to go to that remain neutral and where one can take a class on regular drawing or painting or crafts. In this arena, I encountered something personal where I wanted to do some volunteer work with a newer community art center, and then realized as I got closer to the group, that there was New Age themes being taught via what appears to be a "secular" and "community" art center. I realized something was not "right". There was one day I was supposed to go to a specific art festival they were holding and felt like I was warned to stay away, and then saw pictures of it, with people painting and drawing "lotus leaves" and the like, it is good I did not show up.

 I looked up some members of the board online who I did not know, and realized to my horror, several were DEEP into the New Age, I am not talking just typical lost people or dabblers, but people who did "channeling" and called themselves "lightworkers" and some offered their services for money. In fact it seemed an exception to the rule for any of them to be neutral or not deep into the New Age, it was so many.  Right now I am praying about what to do.  I have cut the volunteer ties. I almost want to ask some people involved is this a religious organization? Yes us Christians have to be careful out there.

This year alone, I'm dropping association with this group, rejected going into a house of a false religion for a lecture that I was invited to, and seem to be facing these situations more and more. I told one friend I can't go to a trivia group which I thought was held at a restaurant but had too much of the "bar" atmosphere.  This has cost me friends, and well how can I say this gently has not always garnished goodwill. I don't fight and feud with people but if you are there one minute and gone the next, it can lead to unhappy people. We are to make God happy first.

One thing too is YOGA and TAI CHAI seem to be everywhere too. I've already been in a health related group where I had to leave when they had a one time YOGA session. They know I am a Christian and know why I sat out. Recently I have been told in another group that they wish to do Tai Chai. Even if you think you are in "NEUTRAL" community groups, classes, health related stuff, this stuff seems to be coming up more. What is sad, is there are other Christians in these groups where it seems any discernment is totally lacking. Don't listen if they try to tell you the yoga is just for your health or that the TAI CHAI is just "nice exercises" which one told me the other day.

One thing I am noticing is these types of incidents are increasing out there. A Christian does want to be salt and light to the world but I have to be cautious myself in terms of not being "unequally yoked". It isn't easy, we don't live in caves, we are interacting with the world and of course you have the phony Christians who will tell you to go march with the nonbelievers and join with them in political and religious pursuits.

Being a "scattered" Christian, out of any church or relegated to only visiting Bible-believing churches that are very far away on occasion, one has to be even more cautious. Human beings are social animals, but if you feel like you are just about the only Bible-believing Christian out there, it can get tough. Keep in prayer when you feel that warning from God. I prayed to God to let me know the truth about the newer community art center and found out. I was disappointed to say the least but knowing here I have to obey God. What if I had volunteered and got deeper in?

We are in a world that is growing more non-Christian, the people growing in world views adverse to our own, are increasing day by day. I am realizing that things are different for young people, the world views are far less biblical. This I believe is one reason the Whosoevers can even be in your face with doing things like open support of wicked rock bands and many of their followers don't even blink an eye.

I know I have to avoid snares like this in my own life, of course there is a difference between Christians walking in prayer through the minefield and others who seem unconcerned about what they associate themselves with. 





22 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me, the awareness that you have described is exactly what Romans 12:2 and Matthew 10:16 are talking about. Reading the Rainbow Swastika by Hannah Newman opened my eyes wider on New Age movement. - Don

Anonymous said...

I totally see what you are talking about. The new age movement is huge. Many people in high places are new age. I think a lot of celebrities as well. My daughtrt's school has them do yoga next year and I am praying for wisdom, strength and guidance because i will have to tell them she can't do it.

Yeah, it's strange people don't seem to care about the origins of stuff or if it leads to other regions, the one world religion forming, or satanic imagery being used by so- called Christians. It's like all you have to do is say you are a Christian and anything goes. There is no discernment and no desire for it.

The weight of this was heavy on me this weekend looking around and realizing I only have two people that read the bible and are supportive. The rest are new age or christians who are adopting new age beliefs and I don't even think they know it. They do not read the bible so they believe all these false teachers. I think I am fortunate to know two people who give me biblical encouragement seeing as the numbers are fewer and fewer.

Bible Believer said...

Thanks Don, I agree.

Matthew 10:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Many of us are living this.

I haven't read that book, maybe I will look into it.

While I have read Constance Cumbey's books on the New Age, I can't recommend them for obvious reasons.

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2010/11/constance-cumbey-and-catholic-church.html

There is one book called Inside the New Age Nightmare I read years ago.

Bible Believer said...

Hi Anon, thanks. I believe the New Age stuff is growing huge and among the young it's like their normative way of thinking in many cases. I would not have your daughter do Yoga, they will even have them say NAMASTE--false prayer and many other things, chakras that are wrong. I do think it is so wrong they are pushing these exercises of false religions in the school. I know I have seen people who just don't seem to care. I have warned people about YOGA and more, and many do not want to hear it. Even the "nice" people who aren't hostile to me or my beliefs, tell me I am being too severe and to "relax" some of these standards. Be careful of those folks too, they can get people who feel wary to go along to get along. They have YOGA and TAI CHAI in many of the churches around here, so the false Christians are part of this scene too. I know there are people who just do not know either. I am glad you have two people around you who give you biblical encouragement. Christians for me are rare, a lot of my Bible believing Christian fellowship is long distance. Warning about this stuff can be very difficult, I've done it and it has not been easy. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Though I've been reading your blog for some time, this will be my first comment.

Thanks for this post. As someone who has come out of a New Age background into Christianity I can relate to much of what you write about on this blog.

My present situation is sort of the reverse of yours: I lived much of my adult life in big cities (NYC area and West Coast urban areas) but have since moved to a small town where most people are Christian, if only in name. This town, despite its many churches which were once conservative, is now becoming susceptible to all the New Age fads. For instance I've had to warn friends of mine against Eckhart Tolle and other such trendy media figures. Again, as you've said, many people do not like hearing even a gentle warning, and there are always those who say people like me are 'purists' or 'too severe'.
New Age and its many associated feel-good fads are just part of the air that many people breathe nowadays, especially for the younger and the less Biblically educated. Even those who should have more discernment easily get drawn in by peer pressure.
It's hard to swim against the currents but through God's grace we must keep on trying.

Bible Believer said...

Hi Anon, thanks for posting. I am glad you came out of a New Age background and became a Christian. With my past as a UU Theosophist, one can see directly how much New Age has infused all over the place and sounds like you are in the same position.

I've been in big cities too, and maybe I was too easy on my old small rural town, I should have mentioned while there are definitely more Christians, [most in name only too] even there I had the Reikki types to deal with, various New Agers, etc. For me I guess the numbers game, has switched where the majority here seem to be secular or believing in some sort of a New Age outlook.

I have friends still in the old town, and I think things are rapidly changing especially among the young and the generation coming up behind me. Younger people are becoming more "New Age" and rejecting of Christianity. [sure there are young Christians but they are few in number]

I have seen many self confessing Christians read Eckert Tolle, oh definitely, I've been there too. You are right even gentle reminders can earn one a major backlash. "Purists" that is a good word, that one has been used for me. I agree these things have infused into the culture and society to the point people don't even see or recognize it anymore. You are right we must depend on God to swim against the false currents. It sometimes gets tough for me, I've lost a lot of friends for coming out on the Christian side of things. One thing I have noticed today if you do not have the right "liberal" politics even [well I reject both sides as people here know] that is enough for many people today to be finished with you.

Anonymous said...

Question about the rainbow swatstika book. Where does one draw the line between supporting israel without becoming deceived by the hebrew roots movement?

-JL

Bible Believer said...

Figure out what Israel God wants you to support first.

It is not a mostly God-rejecting secular nation formed by the United Nations.

Romans 9-6

Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Our sovereignty is not to be with any country or state, but with the one true God. - Don

Anonymous said...

We are to support the nation of Israel and the Jewish people, Genesis 12:3.

Because satan does so strongly attack the Jewish people in the last days, then he knows he will be able to trick some Christians into joining those attacks. Don't be among them.

Anonymous said...

Believers in Jesus Christ are grafted into the believing Jews who still look for the Messiah (Romans 11:24-25), not the country Israel. Satan is called the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4) Attack no one, otherwise you might end up like Joshua 5:14. - Don

Anonymous said...

"We are to support the nation of Israel and the Jewish people, Genesis 12:3."

Should we support them even as they reject Jesus Christ?

1 John 2:22 "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son."

So, we should support this antichrist spirit among modern judaism? Should we also support other false groups and religions that deny Christ, or is it just the jews who get a pass?



Bible Believer said...

Regarding the Jews:

Don't be deceived into false Christian Zionism that tells you to ally with modern Judaism [Talmudic] and secular nation of Israel that denies Jesus Christ and scripture warns us is ANTICHRIST.

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2010/07/part-one-deception-using-judaism-titus.html

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-cant-wait-for-armageddonthe.html

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2013/04/those-who-want-you-to-blame-jews.html

Anonymous said...

I suppose I will then stand alone here with my support of Israel and the Jewish people. They need Jesus to get into heaven. But in the temporal sense, the land belongs to them, and satan is fighting against that. You're making a huge error, and it is damaging your credibility in other areas. If you can't get it right, then at least just avoid it.

Anonymous said...

"suppose I will then stand alone here with my support of Israel and the Jewish people."

Acts 10:34 "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:"

Romans 2:11 "For there is no respect of persons with God."

Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

"But in the temporal sense, the land belongs to them, and satan is fighting against that."

Satan cannot change God's plans.

"If you can't get it right, then at least just avoid it."

So, apparently you agree with other christians on all issues 100 percent, even your Pastor and fellow church members?

Give me a break.






Bible Believer said...

Actually why would you be standing alone, you have nearly all of evangelical Christandom, deceived by Christian Zionism.

If you believe people need Jesus to get into heaven, then stand by a secular nation that has mostly rejected God?

Also have you read Revelation which speaks of a 'new heaven, and a new earth" what does earthly Jerusalem matter in that scope?

Do you know what I mean when I refer to earthly Jerusalem and spiritual Israel and Jerusalem?

Remember when Jesus Christ said his kingdom is not of this earth.

What does that mean in this context?

I do not agree with anti-semitism, read the third link I provided you.

Bible Believer said...

oops ommitted the word WHY

WHY STAND BY A SECULAR NATION

Thanks Last anon.

I thought too of the verses where it says God is no respecter of persons, it definitely applies!

By the way second to last anon, read my other articles, and take time and study this issue, considering what the churches teach people, I know seeing through the Christian Zionism lies can take time and it took me time but here one has to have a heart for truth.

The secular nation of Israel is marked for the NWO and for use by the Antichrist

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2011/09/popes-desire-for-palestinian-state_11.html

Anonymous said...

I was reading the link you provided for the Nephilim article - mindlight - with all the Alice Bailey/Tibetian articles. Reading her stuff is very disturbing.

One of the articles on the site was called: Problems Arising Out of the Awakening and Stimulation of the Chakras. It said that premature stimulation of the head chakra can cause insanity. Just one of the possible harmful effects of chakra work. It was hard to read her stuff, though. Did not feel good.

I found another good article directly from a yoga website:
http://www.yoga-age.com/articles/kundalini.html
It also describes the dangers of kundalini yoga, how yoga is tapping into serpent energy, Goddess energy. This article describes the very harmful effects one person suffered because of the kundalini power.

I'm thinking of showing this to my daughter's principal at her school. They do yoga in school next year.
And I can't let her do it. I want to have a clear and concise reasons to present to her. Any advice you can give me, Bible Believer?

I was at a friend's house about 12 years ago and they had a yoga instructor come over. She brought a big chart showing all the chakras and said we were going to do stretches to open up the chakras for better relaxation, concentration, etc. I am so glad I did not get into it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bible Believer, last anon here. I was speaking to someone this morning about the yoga in school. They asked me isn't it ok if it's just for the exercise?

A couple hours later I thought - what if we put the bible in schools and said it's ok - it's just for the reading??

I find it so crazy that they teach yoga exercises that were developed to connect with Hindu gods, open chakras, etc., but because they don't say that's what it's for, they tell people it's exercise, then it's ok? Don't worry, it's yoga exercises for opening your chakras but since we don't say it is it's just exercise. Nothing to see here.

Just another cog in the one world religion - get everyone to perform Hindu religion under the guise of exercise and stress relief - to end bullying, even - all these noble things - but no one looks beyond the surface.
If you do you are called moron, stupid, idiot, twisted, etc.

Bible Believer said...

Yes remember Alice Bailey I believe was channeling a demon, the Tibetian stuff.
With Chakras have you ever heard the Kundulani or so called serpent spirit?

WARNING OCCULT WEBSITE to show relation of CHAKRAS and YOGA:

http://www.chakras.net/

The yogis admit the exercises of YOGA are all linked to these but sure lots of deceived who will tell you, "it's just exercise"

Thanks for your article too.

Sure they warn of the would be "harmful" affects even in Yoga circles. The ones who do this while deep in it, know it is spiritual "exercises" even if they are deceived about what and who they are actually dealing with.
Yes I would show the principal. I don't totally trust Dave Hunt as a teacher-Pre-Trib, etc, but he did write a book WARNING AGAINST YOGA. It may be useful and have some truths to show the principal in an easy to understand way.

http://www.christianbook.com/christ-what-position-should-christians-hold/dave-hunt/9781928660484/pd/660484?dv=c&en=google-pla&kw=christian-living-0-20&p=1167941&gclid=CKKLtvicsrgCFaY-MgodIx4AmQ

I would have your daughter sit out the yoga or at least ask the principal to offer alternatives to those who have religious objections. If it's a one day event, have her stay home.

I had groups do yoga too, I saw out. I am going to probably have to tell one health related group, I can't do Tai Chai. I am glad you sat things out too.
LOL about the Bible, last anon, you are right about that.

They are having people do spiritual exercises and basically LYING ABOUT IT. I bet some of the Hindus probably don't even like this use and abuse of their "religious" endeavors.

Sure they have advanced Hinduism all over the place, even much of the modern New Age movement is based on it's tenets.

You are right they do mock those who stand up for the truth. The Christian often will find themselves the odd one out. I had that happen sitting out the yoga before.

I mean how can so called Christians say NAMASATE "the divine in me welcomes the divine in you" without realizing that is adverse to Christian beliefs?

Anonymous said...

Update on friend who thought yoga is just exercise. I said to him this morning, please think about this - we know from reading yoga websites that yoga is based in Hindu religion, and the exercises are developed to open chakras, tap into serpent power, goddess energy, and connect to the Divine, the great Reality, the universal consciousness. These exercises are then taught to kids in school. Are they now 'just exercises'? Did they somehow lose their spiritual meaning and purpose? Can we put the bible in schools for 'just reading'? We can't because of the spiritual significance. And it should be the same with yoga - there is spiritual purpose behind those exercises. My friend thought for a second and said he did not look at it like that - now he sees what I mean - and yoga should not be in schools!
I was like, yay! Someone listened!!! There is hope. I saw the video you posted on yoga. Thank you so much. Thanks for the suggestions. I will read Dave Hunt's info.

Bible Believer said...

I am glad your friend listened when you presented things to him. Praise God. Yes we should warn others if we can even if the majority do not listen!