Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Everything Happens For a Reason?



I don't believe it.

Evil happens in this world and in this world we do suffer under the consequences of our own sin but also the sins of others including past and present. Sin brought death and suffering into this world.

There is idea in pop psychology that has infused into the Christian world that God is behind everything that happens. That's wrong. God is not the author of evil, there are many things that happen in this world that are the result of people's choice to sin and commit evil. Now some Calvinists will claim God determines even the evil things that happen taking things to the extreme. Calvin himself got this wrong IMO:

John Calvin writes: “We also note that we should consider the creation of the world so that we may realize that everything is subject to God and ruled by his will and that when the world has done what it may, nothing happens other than what God decrees.” (Acts: Calvin, The Crossway Classic Commentaries, p.66, ) [cite]

I'm coming to the conclusion that deceptions of Calvinism are more prolific then ever before. Remember that Free Will thing that God has given human beings?

Well humans do evil, but their evil has nothing to do with God.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

God will use bad for good, and the promises of Romans 8 hold, but I have to admit when I hear the "God has a wonderful plan for your life" stuff it is setting people up for  failure. What is God's plan but for people to be holy? This is not about people seeking after their own wants, desires, and lusts.

Do you want to know how many people I've met because of having something bad happen who have fallen away or those who reject God because of the bad things that happen? I don't want to belittle anyone's pain and suffering but this type of pop psychology is what leads them AWAY from God.

Some may be shocked that I would say such a thing, but think this one out how many Christians were martyred. How many born again believers live under burdens that can range from deterioration of their health to the death of loved ones? This is kind of an extension of the positivity article and the "have the best life now" things I have warned about. So what happens if your life is not turning out well on this earth and things are not going your way? Where does that leave the "wonderful plan" for your life stuff?
One can say there is a wonderful plan, yes that in being born again, you will be in heaven with God, of course but remember most who hear this "God has a wonderful plan for your life" stuff are thinking here and now.  Jesus Himself warned us we would have tribulation.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

More phony philosophy this one with a touch of the Hindu "go from level to level" evolution thing...



Some sadly are imprisoned in this view of everything happening to them as being the direct cause of God and sad enough this is one reason many non-believers blame God for things He has nothing to do with and is not the author of. Living in a world that "lieth in wickedness", people will suffer even for the chosen sins of others! Regarding those who stopped believing or turned away from God,  how many were influenced by these false philosophies?. Life on this earth is difficult, leave it to the phony-bologna preachers to claim it is anything but, even if you have endless riches, friends, wealth, fame and fun every minute, everyone faces suffering even when it just comes to dying in the time before you go to heaven.

Some people want to treat God, like their own magic guru, or life-coach and that God will be a genie answering every wish. The false "god" of the apostate church is presented this way, and also as the author of everything from bad to good in a wicked world.

James 113 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Tell me what you think...

21 comments:

Bornagain Soldier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bible Believer said...

Thanks BAS

Calvinism was never appealing to me no way no how. I wrote an article against it on this blog 2 or 3 years ago;

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2010/10/why-i-am-not-calvinist.html

Yeah they will respond that way when it comes to Adam and Eve and tell you people were "predistined" to go to hell which is one of the worse things I've ever heard.

I agree, noone with any conscience or evil would want to have faith in a God who causes evil.

I have gotten into INDEPTH CONVERSATIONS with folks I have witnessed too who say they cannot accept God, because of all the evil in the world, and giving them Bible verses to show they are looking at God in a false way. But how many of these false churches are promoting this garbage and then you got the New Agers and Liberal "Christians' who tell people everything is under the authorship of God, and "Everything happens for a reason" and people either have personal tragedies or hear about one in the news, and well you see the outcome. I agree that Calvin was basically a Gnostic. To me Alexandria cult equals Gnostics. I am going to be posting about it soon hopefully have to get some thoughts down. Calvin showed himself to have the fruits of never having been saved when he ordered Servetus to be burned. Calvinism is a daughter of the harlot.

Joe Krohn said...

Y'all make a case for orthodox Lutherans. Have you ever read the Book of Concord? Lutheranism is the true catholic church.

Bible Believer said...

Joe Krohn, I am quite familiar with Lutheranism, and know there is a spectrum there as well such as between WELS and Missouri Synod.

There are teachings in Lutheranism I do not agree with.

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2012/02/daughters-protestant-churches-1-altars.html

I was talking to a more conservative Lutheran who told me, well my church is not ecumenical etc, but the sacramentalism etc, is a big divide.

Joe Krohn said...

"I was talking to a more conservative Lutheran who told me, well my church is not ecumenical etc, but the sacramentalism etc, is a big divide."

Would love for you to flesh this out. It is rather cryptic.

Anonymous said...

Calvinism is not Christian at all. It is a false religion based on the Augustinian/gnostic musings of a madman that created a police state in Geneva.

Lutheranism is also false. Luther taught water baptism regeneration, which is a sure ticket to hell.

These groups don't want to just read the Bible and go with that. They even name their groups after their founders. That should tell you all you need to know about them.

Bible Believer said...

Joe Krohn, I'll be more direct. Sacramentalism is from Rome. Even the Lutheran denominations, that are conservative and point to the Pope as Antichrist and have truths in that the ecumenical movement is false, have retained the "MASS" in a watered down form as well as other traditions of Rome. My husband grew up Lutheran although in Missouri Synod, so I am quite familiar with it's teachings. He even told me once when we were together at a Catholic Mass [this was before I was saved] that it was very close to the liturgy of his past church. I watched a few housebound Lutheran services on line too which backed this up at the time.

Bible Believer said...

Anon, I agree, I consider both Calvinism and Lutheranism to be daughters of Rome. Now some individuals within them seek after God with a sincere heart, but they are trapped and deceived by the false church system. I agree movements with a founder's name one is to watch out for.

Mark 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

Kathy Bonham said...

What do you think of the new mini-series that begins March 3? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wir4fH6hUxw&feature=share&list=UUt_Q-xP9pUFpalCF-e_ZhtA

Anonymous said...

A bit off topic, but Chuck Smith had Rick Warren on the official Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa radio station, answering Bible questions. The Ephesians511 blog talks about it. I would have been shocked by that years ago, but for some reason, it didn't shock me at all.

Roy Allen said...

Hello Kathy,

I ran across the Previews for the Bible series just last week. I admit it looks exciting, but Why, after all the movies about The LORD JESUS, can't they get it right that the wise men showed up at the child's house. Also, the clip with the Angels coming to Sodom shows the angels killing some of the inhabitants. Scripture doesn't mention that. The actor that played one of the angels has Angels tattooed all over his body according to the clip. It doesn't say whether those tattooes were already there before he was chosen for the part or not. It also shows Moses standing in the sea and striking the water. I have lots of Biblical movies that I have bought only to be disappointed, it's as if they do this deliberately, that they get Scripture wrong as if they didn't bother to read the Truth from the Word of GOD. It's without excuse. I keep these movies for myself. I find they do cover the wicked and evil in the films authentically. They are liberal with these films and caring very sparse as far as accuracy. I buy them and watch them for I do NOT watch TV. They will have to give account why they do what they do. I take it you like Biblical Movies?

Anonymous said...

This "the Bible" movie, will it say that Jesus is the only way to heaven, and all other ways lead to hell? Seems unlikely that it will do that. And the history channel is notorious for being anti-biblical in many shows.

Joe Krohn said...

BB...It is sad that Rome corrupted so much of what was right, good and salutary. What became "Lutheranism", or what I consider the true catholic church on earth is found in the pages of scripture and expounded and applied in the Book of Concord. Many Theologians contributed to it over quite a period, so it is not all Martin Luther's stuff. It kept all things that were good and corrected Rome's error.

Bible Believer said...

Joe I would like you to read the link I wrote on Gnosticism. Everything that Luther kept from Rome from a watered down Mass, etc. is based in Roman Catholicism and thusly the Mystery cult religions. Remember what I said about churches and religions named after their followers, men as trees. They kept too much that was NOT good. I know there are many sincere Lutherans who seek after God's truth, but you need to realize the root, and that root is Rome, and it's deceptions, and the entirety of the Catholic Mass. Luther was a priest after all, maybe he went only so far...and he abandoned a lot that WAS FALSE like indulgences and more, but the entire system is FALSE. When Lutheranism clings to sacramentalism it clings to the RCC. Within Lutheranism the ones who reject Roman Catholicism as a fellow "Christian" church, are rarer, they are out there, Lutheran Family News, WELS, other branches, but the majority of Lutheranism is tied in and with the ecumenical movement.

Could you make that step to question the church system and what it entails? That is why Rev. 17 says COME OUT OF HER *MY* PEOPLE.

Bible Believer said...

I have to admit I probably will avoid watching that Bible show on TV, unless the Lord leads me to expose it, and it looks like I've missed the first few right? The Hollywood treatment of Christianity is pretty awful, I have watched enough of the History Channel to know the deceptions they will sneak in there as well.

Looks like they are already up to stuff adding non-biblical things.
I tend to think they sneak things in, maybe more subtle then the Passion, but they would.

For me I don't want to picture the Bible in a movie, so that I think of what I saw on that movie while I'm reading the bible. I saw the Last Temptation of Christ, as a nonbeliever, that is the last movie protraying biblical figures I've seen. God convicted me to to go watch The Passion even for exposure purposes. I know we all want good Christian movies, I am not against people watching those, but I tend to think that any decent movies regarding the Bible probably do not exist.

Bible Believer said...

Thanks Anon, I posted about what you shared.

Joe Krohn said...

BB...Yes there is an ecumenical movement among all religions. But there is faithful remnant! Even among the outward bodies! Believe me when I say we have learned to mark and avoid them.

I would like to see you define this 'sacramentalism'. It is foreign for the most part to me. Did you know that Luther did not want people to be called Lutherans? In fact it was a derogatory term for a time!

I'm sure you understand 'as above so below' dualism. The underworld has been at work since the foundations were laid. Satan and his minions will always corrupt what is meet, right and salutary. The good has always preceded the bad. You pass judgement on what has been corrupted that was intended for good. Lord have mercy!

Bible Believer said...

Yes there is a faithful remnant and what is God's instruction to them though? COME OUT OF HER.

It says "My" people for a reason.

I think I probably should do an article that is more specific detailing sacramentalism. You have read my daughter Protestant one against altars correct?

I am glad Luther did not want people called Lutherans.

The Lord's Supper was never meant to be a sacrament nor done at an altar. In the book of Acts they ate meals and Lord's Supper breaking bread together, they did not have a man in a robe standing at a fancy altar.

Well I'll be posting more. I need to deal with the issue of sacramentalism head on. Look for that to be an article soon....

Joe Krohn said...

"You have read my daughter Protestant one against altars correct?"

No. Where can I read it?

Certainly you realize a link between the OT Passover and the NT Lord's Supper? There has always been a certain ceremonialism that God has instituted. Abel offered his first fruits, but Cain did not. Granted, the Lord's Supper is not compulsory...but why would you deny the assurance of your sins forgiven? Is it not like the Day of Atonement celebrated more frequently than once a year?

Looking forward to your article...

BTW...where is your husband these days regarding his LC-MS roots?

Bible Believer said...

Here is the link:

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2012/02/daughters-protestant-churches-1-altars.html

Do me a favor, go read the book of Acts and come back and list all examples of ceremonialism.

Do you see the Christians in the book of Acts getting out an altar, or mandating the specific words be said, or rituals?

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Sure the OT Passover points to the NT Lord's Supper, so why did they bring back the altar? Jesus already finished the sacrifice.

One's sins are not forgiven by eating bread literally. The bread of life is Jesus Christ, but that has to do with salvation. Of course a Christian will have times of repenting to God after salvation but eating a piece of bread does not bring this forgiveness.

In this way, they retain the errors of Rome,

Matt 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

I know many Lutherans, many are very good people, my husband no longer is part of the Lutheran church, but they need the truth, while Lutheranism has some more truths, aka salvation via faith, etc, they have retained MANY of the errors of Rome, the use of the altar, sacraments, etc, is part of these errors.

Kathy Bonham said...

Roy,
Thank you for your message. Yes, I agree with you - I would wish there was more accuracy in a movie depicted as history or the Bible. I do not watch TV, but did set up for recording of this series. Before the first episode I had expected there to be inaccuracies and there were. Nevertheless, I will watch the series. I feel certain there is some sort of message from Satan attached. He is very active these days. In the end, The Book is better!

BB, I think as you do, "I tend to think that any decent movies regarding the Bible probably do not exist."