Sunday, August 5, 2012

A New Fundamentalist Preacher Scandal: Jack Schaap

Jack Schaap of First Baptist Hammond Admits to Sexual Affair With Teen

Jack Schaap, pastor of Ind. megachurch, fired for sexual relationship with teen congregant




The only reason, that he isn't in jail now, is that in Indiana, 16, is considered the age of majority.

A year and a half ago, I wrote this article about my growing concerns about fundamentalist churches. While there are a few good independents out there sticking to God's Word, be careful. The infiltration of the fundamentalist churches has been as intense and as unabated as in others. Remember the majority of fundamentalist churches are caught up in Dominionism and other extreme errors today. I wrote about this in this previous article:

Falsehoods and Falling Away in Fundamentalist Churches!

In that article, I wrote about Jack Schaap's preaching which I thought was totally false, abusive and praising of men which errors ranging from Dominionism to Patriarchy movement teachings. I also wrote about the idolatry of the statute of Jack Hyles and his wife, see pictures at this article. 

The Hyles Anderson, Jack Hyles and Jack Schaap videos on the "Falling Away Fundamentalist Churches" articles would be removed from the Internet a short time after the article was posted, within a couple of months. See below that the videos have been taken down:




Schaap,is one preacher where I used to ask, "Why can't more see through this false preaching"?,  I've watched other sermons online before, and could see that this man was not being directed by the Holy Spirit. How can people remain in the pews watching men like this and NOT WALK OUT? By the way Jack Schaap worked with Jack Hyles years and years ago [see torch picture], this too was a guy that was "chosen" and there from the beginning.


Jack Schaap is married to Jack Hyles daughter, Cindy. Here Jack Hyles discusses their marriage. This is also where I took the snippet below from. One can see the bit of weirdness right here for themselves, husband as "high priest"? Hmm like the Mormons? Notice how her refers to his daughter's body as the "holy of holies", which is blasphemous. This is where all that patriarchy stuff and purity balls is taking us, you see. 

If one examines  First Baptist of Hammond, the church connected to the fundamentalist Christian university, Hyles Anderson, there is a history that does not give too good a picture. The sex abuse problems are being discussed openly in the baptist world.  That link goes to a website "Stuff Fundies Like" where the people are some of those who came out of fundamentalism, but one can see what led some of that place with the examples they were given. A few years ago, I did my own research, and I found out about a news show called Preying from the Pulpit. I have not seen this show, but journalists were outraged with the numbers of sex abuse cases connected to and with those coming out of Hyles Anderson.


Watch out for torches...[may do an article on that]

In my IFB church, they did have Jack Hyle's books on the church library shelves and even would allow Hyles-Anderson representatives to come and advertise their college to would be students. I have to admit, that while as a new Christian, I learned a lot at that church, from many sincere Christians, chances are that TODAY I would not fit into most '"fundamentalist" churches with my beliefs. God has shown me far more since those days. Even then, I was warning the congregation about Dominionism, and seeing them edge into the pits dug for them by the religious political right, that I warn about today on this blog.

The more I learned about that college, the worse I have felt about it. I consider the now deceased Jack Hyles, a false teacher, I read his books while at my old IFB church, and well, let's just say, I thought something was off about the guy in the beginning. If anything his books read very close to the legalisms of one Bill Gothard even if some of the teachings were different. Of course this is not an article about Hyles Anderson but his protege' Jack Schaap.

While one can say yes, sex abusers are everywhere and will enter even the ministry to gain access to more vulnerable victims, what happens when patterns are set and so many top ones turn out to be not just spiritual wolves but one's who are sexual and other type of ones as well? This stuff isn't just happening in the Catholic church, where their poisonous desire to hide it all, blasted into the news circa 2002, but many other churches and denominations out there. The 20/20 IFB report came out stating that cover ups were going on in fundamentalist {IFB} churches. By the way, when the sex scandals broke in the RCC, seeing falsely led members defend it all was horrifying, sadly this will happen in other church groups as well.

The website "Stuff Fundies Like" reported on one of Jack Schaap's sermons, and it is truly horrifying some of the stuff that is preached, but I have seen this man on video preach other very disagreeable things.

"But at least Jack managed to get one last burst of crazy in before he headed for an undisclosed location to await this fate and here it is. From July 8th here are some relevant excerpts from his sermon “What Mom And Dad Don’t Know Will Hurt Him.” Only click that link for audio if you have a strong constitution."

I'll warn my readers if you go listen and/or read, be careful, it is gross stuff, I can't in my right mind believe anyone including the men in the audience sat there and listened to that garbage coming from the pulpit. I decided not to quote it here for a reason. I just skimmed through and was too disgusted. He talks about sex and teenage girls and even calls his congregation "dirty themselves". There are other sermons exposed on websites and online that are too disgusting to even post videos of.

Once when visiting a church here, I was offended by a preacher, I was with my husband, and we had gone to a bible study and dinner. At that point I was looking for some Christian fellowship but that church was so far gone, God told me to clear out. I wrote about some aspects of it here. This was a church where they wrote rules about what you could say regarding the pastor. With the pastors, the filthy talkers are taking over. This guy talked about seeing scantily clad women out in public, and while his message was "adultery is wrong", why on earth would he tell us, of this sin almost in a "too cool for school" way? This was surrounded by jokes in this case, instead of the twisted righteous indignation used in the other sermons. Jack Schaap, if this website is accurate has written very strange things in books and elsewhere before too.

We are entering the days where your faith better be all dependent on God.  Many of the pastors are proving themselves to be fallen away hirelings. I wonder myself how many sincere ones are left in the pulpits because it seems watching the disgusting arrays, of their superiors, would be enough, for them to question the system, expose them and clear out. How many lesser known guy's in the pulpit ignore the Dominonism, the political religious stuff, the other subterfuge and now what else is being exposed? Do any pastors read this website? If you do tell us you are here. Remember Jack Schaap held a Pastor's School where multitudes of Hyles Anderson trained IFB pastors go to get training, education and fellowship between each other. Now think about the INFLUENCE there, that is given out even if these are independent churches. Here is an example of last years Pastor's School....read below..."THE LARGEST GATHERING OF INDEPENDENT BAPTISTS IN THE WORLD"



None of them could discern that this man would be a problem?

I knew watching 2 sermons on Youtube, something was wrong with the man.

and no I am not just talking any would be sexual sins.

Pray for those in the church, pray for the young girl [girls if there were more] who were victimized and for the families in that church, that God will show them the truth.


2 Peter 3-14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. 18But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.


26 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of us is without sin.

Bible Believer said...

I agree none of us are.

That said, remember this goes beyond an "average" adulterous relationship in that this is a 50 something year old man, with a young girl, where he had a position of authority over her.

Marion said...

Anonymous...

"Against an elder receive not an accusation but befoe two or three witnesses.
Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality." (1 Tim. 5:19-21)

Bible Believer said...

Why is everyone defending this guy?

[I am of the belief the guys who mess with teens and kids are showing signs of reprobation] That is not the action of a man who just gives into sexual temptation, but one who may have some inner problems regarding a SEARED CONSCIENCE.

I also know this one has taught endless false teachings.

http://www.wayoflife.org/free_ebooks/downloads/The_Two_Jacks.pdf

Marion, the news reports say he already ADMITTED IT.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Northwest-Indiana-Pastor-Dismissed-Sin-164589846.html

"he FBI is now involved in an investigation into a Hammond, Ind. pastor who admitted to an inappropriate relationship with a minor.

Pastor Jack Schaap admitted to the relationship and was dismissed Monday. The FBI is getting involved because Schaap is accused of taking a 17-year-old across state lines."

To the readers defended Jack Schaap, you are acting like the Catholics did when faced with sexual abuse being exposed in that church.

The things I write about and expose I apply across the board, that includes IFB churches.

Bible Believer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bible Believer said...

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
Tts 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Anonymous said...

~Labby

BB, this reminds me of the Catholic priests in confession with the young ladies. They would corrupt the girls with their questioning, at least many years ago this was the practice. This is what I read in the book "50 Years in the Church of Rome". Doesn't it seem like they are corrupting the girls and it's sick? Even without the affair, it is sickening behavior and I would not send my young daughter to a pastor to have her questioned about her sexual behavior. Ew

Marion said...

Ut oh...I think you totally misunderstood my response...it was to Anonymous...not to you, BB...a clarification is in order here.

The point was...in relation to the Scripture quoted...that there were MANY witnesses (not just 2 or 3) who made accusation...because of that - Jack Schaap and Jack Hyles for that matter WERE TO BE REBUKED BEFORE ALL, THAT OTHERS MAY FEAR. Paul was instructing the church to do those things without partiality...DISCIPLINE!!!

The 2 Jacks (elders) who sinned grievously were to be openly rebuked and they were. To report that is a good thing.

I was SUPPORTING your expose' of these men and their sin, that others may be warned, to Anonymous... WOW!...this is how misunderstandings happen...lol...glad I checked back so I could explain. Such a misunderstanding both horrified me and kind of made me laugh! Because,
I think you realize that supporting wolves would be very much out of character for me!!

No harm, no foul, BB.

Now...moving on...

Bible Believer said...

Getting tons of hate mail over this one.

The lengths people will go to defend wolves.....

One I did not post because it was insults and insults against another blogger,

and that usual PAVLOVIAN brain wash phrase "conspiracy theory"

Yeah they'll shout that when there are witnesses and the guy on the news.

and "gossip", the most overused word the wolves have used to tell people never to say anything negative.

Yes they will go any distance...

Lots of deja vu for me on this one, many Catholics reacted the same way, when the sex abuse scandals broke.

Bible Believer said...

Labby it reminds me too of the Catholic priests, and the young people.

Hey it is the same thing essentially.

Anyone ask what was this guy doing putting himself in the compromising position of being alone with a teenage girl he was not related to whatsoever?

I think it is sickening too.

And here you see the "how dare you" continguent.

So wonder the churches have gone as bad as they have.

Marion said...

Let me try this again.

Dear Anonymous...the following passage of Scripture supports Bible Believer's expose' about these types of matters, as well as others...it is BIBLICAL...

Against an elder receive not an accusation but befoe two or three witnesses.
Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality." (1 Tim. 5:19-21)

OK? OK!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting about the hate mail and actually rather shocking. If they are defending him it is because they live on milk but reject the meat.

I listened to his sermon on that Fundies web site and it was sad, sad sad!
The words by Jack Hyles describing his daughters wedding day is just bizarre, however relates very well to beliefs of the mystery religions, that tells me something about who these people really are,

I tend to disagree with you in that I do not believe they are "fallen" I believe they are total and complete imposters right from the beginning probably for generations.

These are calculated planned actions.

This has happened for a reason, this is not a case of a man's sin or failure, this is part of the ongoing planned assault against the institutional Church and all true believers.

We need to see the bigger picture here, of course it would not be adultery that is not scandalous enough! And of course it has to be a popular pastor this causes more rancor and fighting! People love their idols!

They serve many purposes in Satan's big design, they serve to discredit real Christianity make us look like hypocrits,lead the believers astray, cause confusion about Christian morality, cause true Christians to stumble and on and on.

I have no proof, I will admit it is all speculation, however my main message is we need to accept that the Churches and the leaders are outside of biblical Christianity.

There is really nothing shocking here (except for the hate mail), if we are shocked it is because our eyes are not on Jesus and we do not understand how organized and wide spread evil really is!

Maybe I am going to get some hate mail. :-)
Thanks for the info BB...we do need to be aware.

Lisa Ruby said...

Bible Believer wrote, "Notice how her (I think you meant "he") refers to his daughter's body as the "holy of holies", which is blasphemous."

This is also an occult marking. Witches regard sex (rituals) as worship.

Bible Believer said...

Marion,

Sorry if I misunderstood you. I've had that verse probably quoted from the opposite side too often. I am glad you meant it that way instead.

Bible Believer said...

Well the hate mail says it all, well how many in the pews defended that man for other things? There was controversies even coming up regarding sermons alone. I agree they are living on milk and maybe not and that. On the fundies website if some of you saw one sermon, you'll probably understand why I left it off here, just way too disgusting. I agree with Lisa, that the sex magic element there, is related to witchcraft, in the description of the daughters wedding. Which goes along with the theory of imposters. Oh these folks show the signs of knowing deceivers. It is very bizarre, by the way, I am seeing sick stuff like that coming out of parts of the Dominionist, purity ball, Quiverful etc world...
I think it all could be a part of the planned assault. False preachers and more. Maybe even with some they PLAN THE FALLS, to throw the church off kilter. A guy like this accidentally leaving a phone on a pulpit, it seems a bit much, given he knew what could happen.

I agree about the purposes, discredit Christianity, make Christians look bad, hypocrites, let unbelievers be disgusted staying away from what they think is Christianity, etc.

I agree with your speculation that the institutional churches and leaders ARE OUTSIDE of BIBLICAL Christianity. That was planned too, the infiltration, the leading of the churches into all the various levels of apostasy we see today. I have accepted my life in prayer as a Christian outside the institutional church system, I know too much, and know what the majority of the leaders are about.

I have a term "Luciferian networks" on the index. That is what I think has happened to the churches.

Bible Believer said...

Lisa I agree that is an occult marking.

Sometimes I do research that I don't always have time or room to write about.

With Jack Schaap, it gets worse.

Hyles and Schaap's books and sermons are full of endless "Strange things". When I read the Jack Hyles books, I was a relatively new Christian, but a} I knew he creeped me out, b} I knew that he seemed *mean* and a *legalist*, c} he had a very disturbing view of women--I didn't know about the patriarchy movement then but it was edging into my old IFB church, d} weird theological statements that really disturbed me--I only then had the discernment but little of the biblical knowledge to break them down.

One thing Schaap said, was so disgusting and an affront to God, I do not even want to write it here, it was about communion and sex. Just the fact that people in the pews could sit and listen to these things and accept it, is disturbing beyond the pale.

Marion said...

Oh yes, BB...I'm familiar with that kind of blasphemy that has entered the church. There's a guy named Gary Thomas who is affiliated with Focus on the Family who does marriage seminars. It's actually about "union with god"...goddess worship"

You can read an expose' and explanation at the following site (for information only...use of this link is not an endorsement of any person, group, "ministry" or philosophy; understand the information is good, site has been found to be "false discernment 'ministry'"...they are not fully faithful to exposing all false teachers)...

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=1722

Occult pagan "sex" worship in the church! "Learn not the ways of the heathen." "Come out and be ye separate"

shilosontheleft said...

RE: BB: "Hyles and Schaap's books and sermons are full of endless "Strange things". "

As I've studied a little on the occult one thing I have found is that these guys that keep coming up with off the wall stuff are NOT that original.
They generally get their stuff from the occult, dress it up with a little Jesus Jargon and whammo bammo we got us a NEW 'REVELATION"!

shilosontheleft said...

After looking at the under belly of Calvary Chapel I find it refreshing that this dude was confronted and deposed.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/we-are-the-remnant/2012/07/29/the-silent-one-speaks--the-lawsuite-part-2

Having some semblance of New Testament Church government has value.

Bible Believer said...

Marion they are sneaking in endless horrible things, realizing most in the pews are not paying attention. There is some major weirdness they are doing with marriage and "scared sex". Remember what I pointed out about what Hyles said about the "holy of holies", referring to his daughter's body, they are putting this stuff in multiple places. Guess I am not suprised Focus on the Family has the Emergent contemplative guy coming in to teach couples mysticism. That is a false organization if there ever was one.

Even all the Dominionist focus and obsession about sex and "purity" with the purity balls etc, comes right out of Rome.

Bible Believer said...

Shilos, yeah they do mix occult stuff and mix it up with what you call "jesus jargon". It is the same lies all over the place. Satan isn't that original.

Bible Believer said...

Shilos I wonder how Schaap did get tossed out, there was controversy with Hyles even regarding the church secretary. Maybe things had gotten so bad the church couldn't take the crazy sermons anymore or the rest of it, and well, they were on the outlook to catch him in the act.

However I dare say the Moses Model gives the CC pastors more leeway to get away with things and protect their positions.

Bible Believer said...

More on Schaap here:

http://www.hardpreaching.com/page4.html

Bible Believer said...

Here too as well:

http://chucklestravels.com/tag/jack-schaap/

Anonymous said...

BB
what church do you attend?

Bible Believer said...

None

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2012/04/for-christians-without-churches-two.html

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2011/08/soul-winning-and-scattered-sheep.html

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2011/04/more-discussion-regarding-those-without.html

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2010/04/why-cant-i-find-church-that-preaches.html

My loyalty is to Jesus Christ not the mostly apostate "church system"