Friday, July 27, 2012

Well This Explains Many Christian Message Boards.......




I was on a message board for years, where the people there did a 180.  It is still going. Some guy posts so much, it almost seems like a job for him. Like who could or would spend 8 hours a day or more on message boards? People used to tell me I was nuts, when I could discern message boards full of phonies, the same writing styles and the same tactics used over and over as if people were WORKING THEM instead of people seeking after sincere discussions and fellowship. I wrote this article in response.

The Problems with Christian Message Boards

Sure there are many sincere folks on messages boards but many are NOT. I guess that is why I found this link of interest, because I saw so many games and so many influences, that were very odd. I was on message boards for years except not on for the hours some of these people were, I had a life to lead too.. Many people told me I was nuts, to believe that there were some on there playing games and doing things in a purposeful matter. What is scary, is sometimes I pop back on rare occasion to these old grounds and see the same names YEARS later spouting the same stuff to newcomers!


Many of the "personas" when pressed did not act like "NORMAL" people that is the best way I can describe it. I understand people disagreeing and that is normal stuff, but much of the antics I saw moved far beyond that. If we think about the amount of energy poured into the "networks" exposed on this blog and other ones, why wouldn't they pour energy into the Christian or other message board world and website world, to INFLUENCE, with "change agents" and the like meant to influence consensus on message boards to a certain direction? Hey it was no mystery to me why one very large and well known Christian message board had one of it's founders going to ecumenical "apologist" meetings. [I do not endorse everything at this website, just posting for information:
The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

"Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
 1) Avoidance. They never actually discuss issues head-on or provide constructive input, generally avoiding citation of references or credentials. Rather, they merely imply this, that, and the other. Virtually everything about their presentation implies their authority and expert knowledge in the matter without any further justification for credibility.
 2) Selectivity. They tend to pick and choose opponents carefully, either applying the hit-and-run approach against mere commentators supportive of opponents, or focusing heavier attacks on key opponents who are known to directly address issues. Should a commentator become argumentative with any success, the focus will shift to include the commentator as well.
 3) Coincidental. They tend to surface suddenly and somewhat coincidentally with a new controversial topic with no clear prior record of participation in general discussions in the particular public arena involved. They likewise tend to vanish once the topic is no longer of general concern. They were likely directed or elected to be there for a reason, and vanish with the reason.
4) Teamwork. They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams. Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved. Sometimes one of the players will infiltrate the opponent camp to become a source for straw man or other tactics designed to dilute opponent presentation strength.
5) Anti-conspiratorial. They almost always have disdain for 'conspiracy theorists' and, usually, for those who in any way believe JFK was not killed by LHO. Ask yourself why, if they hold such disdain for conspiracy theorists, do they focus on defending a single topic discussed in a NG focusing on conspiracies? One might think they would either be trying to make fools of everyone on every topic, or simply ignore the group they hold in such disdain.Or, one might more rightly conclude they have an ulterior motive for their actions in going out of their way to focus as they do.
6) Artificial Emotions. An odd kind of 'artificial' emotionalism and an unusually thick skin -- an ability to persevere and persist even in the face of overwhelming criticism and unacceptance. This likely stems from intelligence community training that, no matter how condemning the evidence, deny everything, and never become emotionally involved or reactive. The net result for a disinfo artist is that emotions can seem artificial.
Most people, if responding in anger, for instance, will express their animosity throughout their rebuttal. But disinfo types usually have trouble maintaining the 'image' and are hot and cold with respect to pretended emotions and their usually more calm or unemotional communications style. It's just a job, and they often seem unable to 'act their role in character' as well in a communications medium as they might be able in a real face-to-face conversation/confrontation. You might have outright rage and indignation one moment, ho-hum the next, and more anger later -- an emotional yo-yo.
 With respect to being thick-skinned, no amount of criticism will deter them from doing their job, and they will generally continue their old disinfo patterns without any adjustments to criticisms of how obvious it is that they play that game -- where a more rational individual who truly cares what others think might seek to improve their communications style, substance, and so forth, or simply give up.
 7) Inconsistent. There is also a tendency to make mistakes which betray their true self/motives. This may stem from not really knowing their topic, or it may be somewhat 'freudian', so to speak, in that perhaps they really root for the side of truth deep within.
 I have noted that often, they will simply cite contradictory information which neutralizes itself and the author. For instance, one such player claimed to be a Navy pilot, but blamed his poor communicating skills (spelling, grammar, incoherent style) on having only a grade-school education. I'm not aware of too many Navy pilots who don't have a college degree. Another claimed no knowledge of a particular topic/situation but later claimed first-hand knowledge of it.
 8) Time Constant. Recently discovered, with respect to News Groups, is the response time factor. There are three ways this can be seen to work, especially when the government or other empowered player is involved in a cover up operation:..."

I know the web is full of disinformationists. During my days when I was only warning about the Catholic and interfaith world and knew very little about the evangelical world, but was learning, they sent a few. One guy acted like he was against the new world order for years. I still remember the day of having been told by this guy he believed the Grahams were ecumenical deceivers and seeing him do a 180 the day I came out against Calvary Chapel on a very large message board. He is still working that message board, warning people about Rome, but advancing false teachers. His shouts and personal insults told me I was not dealing with someone NORMAL. The lack of emotions and endless emphasis on propaganda techniques told me chances were this was not a sincere person. 

This may sound odd, but another disinformation technique I believe is when some try to do OUTDO you. What do I mean? Well I saw this on message boards, and well guess it could happen on blogs too, you post and research stuff, but then they seem to know far more, and you start asking yourself HOW DID THEY FIND ALL THAT OUT IN SUCH A SHORT TIME? You know yourself you are just this ordinary person, reading and learning and they seem to know year's worth within a few months? I'll keep my blog going even if 20 "better and more knowledgeable researchers" show up. Hey if their blogs can get some info out even if the motives are different then that can be only for the good. This is not a competition. If they are sincere folks, then I am glad for every person who knows what is going on and if they can inform us of more things.  One technique is some will change the focus purposefully or narrow it down, to a very narrow focus to influence and change the direction of the group. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt at first which I believe is the best policy unless otherwise warned, because I am only human and don't want to be wrong  but definitely in the message board world I had that happen over and over.

#7 is a biggie. Inconsistency. I see endless inconsistencies even with the false teachers exposed on this blog. This is one thing where you can pick up on a false teacher. In other words their stories don't add up. Like why warn about one false religion but then take up with a guy who advances another like Mormonism? Why do we see some teachers who know so much about one topic--Rick Warren and Emergents but they can't get it through their skulls that when Billy Graham hobnobs with the Pope, he is teaching false things too?

I gave up on Christian message boards, I may still post on a few if I feel like exploring a topic or getting even links to my writings out  but I myself observed enough of the doings over the years to understand what was going on. There ARE sincere people on message boards, blogs and elsewhere but don't forget there are many invested in INFLUENCING for other causes. I used to think "Oh they would not bother with two-bit message boards and even blogs" but they do. Even the hate mail I get for this blog is insane and a couple months ago I started having really horrible spam sent to me [dozens a day and even from foreign countries], but blogger is good at weeding it out. Well God warned us of these things, so I can handle that. That's for sure. If you do participate on Christian message boards or other websites, don't ignore some of those feelings you may have about the other posters or what is going on. Pray to God to show you the truth.

Also don't make mistake I made letting time be wasted. Some of them will simply try to waste your time or tell you when you want to research or expose one teacher that you are being presumptuous and judgmental to try and steer you in the opposite direction. This happened with Roger Oakland. I discussed what I was finding out and how bothered I was. Maybe they were a sincere person who really was for Roger Oakland but sometimes I wonder about that. They got very angry when I wrote the article questioning why Oakland was still working with Calvary Chapel preachers.

Anyhow the Internet can be tough. Be discerning when dealing with it. Most huge Christian message boards are a bad deal. Even other Internet message board networks, where the service is large but they have multiple small message boards you need to be careful.

See also...


Dangers of Christian Message Boards.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a particular place I post. It is a certain very well-known secular site that has millions of visitors, and also has a section to discuss what they call "religion" and "spiritual issues" and whatnot.

So the fact that it doesn't happen to be a Christian site, doesn't change the game. There are certain people that live there. I mean that almost literally, it really seems like they almost live there. They post all day long, every single day.

And they are catholic specifically.

They open countless backup accounts, they post under several names in the same question to make it as if different people are in agreement on the same thing. They attack fundamentalists almost exclusively.

I have also seen cases where they will open an account pretending to be a "tolerant protestant" and use that to attack fundamentalists.

Now, either they are people that are just independently wealthy, or on welfare, or whatever, and they can sit at home all day long every single day, and do that.

Or they are being paid by someone to do it.

Would it be too far fetched to imagine that there is some "fund" set up via some intelligence agency that wants to influence public opinion, and has agents and/or paid civilians doing this?

Maybe I'm just being paranoid and crazy saying that :) I don't want to sound all black helicopter here.

Anyway the outcome is the same, even if they just do it for themselves, they use this medium of the internet to enforce their beliefs.

And since message boards get dozens to hundreds to millions of visitors, it's a lucrative thing for them, they'd never reach that many people without it.

Bible Believer said...

I have seen this on secular websites too just so you know...[there the influences are often of a political nature but they also do what they can to shoot down any bible-believers]

I saw the people who LIVED on websites too, and they were ALWAYS there to answer in a pinch once a controversy came up as if they or friends were watching the boards.I have seen it on so called large Christian message boards.

I've seen the Catholic gang-ups too on evangelical boards, of course the apostate owners or moderators always give the Catholics carte blanche while shutting downs those who speak truth.

I've seen people playing roles and also a phony message board for 'fighting' fundamentalists where I think a few people are playing at least 30 accounts or roles or astro-turfing is used.

They seem online more then any disabled or welfare or unemployed people would be. Some are on so many hours a day, there has to be shared identities or something. I do not think it is so far-fetched that some are PAID to do this.

One I caught someone on a Christian message board over on a very 'influenced" right wing board where all the deceivers marked themselves as variations of canines in the avatars, and knew it was them. When I recognized them the reaction was very very odd.

I do not think a "fund" set up to have people do this whether it be an agency or other organizations is too far beyond the pale.I know writing this I didn't want to sound too much like I was on the fringes either, but I have seen these things with my own eyes.

Yep the medium of the internet is used to INFLUENCE people.

They know they reach lurkers too.

Anonymous said...

Symbol Alert:

At Rapture Ready website, at the bottom of the home page they recommend a "christian" web design company called "Flair".

A blatant red, inverted cross represents the "F" in the name.

So much evil mockery and deception in this world.

Aka Alert

Anonymous said...

This is a very interesting subject.
The disinformation that is out there is very common on these kinds of sites as I'm sure OP knows quite well.
I saw one here posting on another site.
When others were given a cloaked warning on that site she posted a long woe is me, poor abused girl, how dare you beat up on the abused, facade.

She seems to pop up at acute times and pretends to be a big dissenter.... not sure of her bag but I suspect she was part of a Christian cult in the 70s that was seeded with Catholic assets in leadership to guide the unsuspecting baby Christians.
Do not have the resource to research her but that is my best guess.
As noted, there are A LOT of Catholic assets spreading disinformation and guiding dialogue and thought among the Protestant Community.

Bible Believer said...

Stay away from Rapture Ready.

http://www.libertytothecaptives.net/Rapture_Ready_Administrators_Agenda.html

That place is bad news.

to last anonymous,

yes if you stand up, you will be made to look like you are a bully, a "hater" it follows the script. I have seen people in very odd cults spread all over the internet. Being online, I never thought I would meet Netzarims, Kabbalists, extreme Ruckmanites, it got crazy. There are all sorts of members of cults that will show up. You are right about the Catholic assets. Remember even with the mini-extreme cults and false teachers, I believe they always have their roots in Rome.

Marion said...

To last anon...

and the reason the Catholics have such large sway and influence in the Protestant community is because the Protestants do not know the Word of God, and because many (actually, I dare say ALL) of the "known" or "up and coming" so-called "leaders, teachers and conference speakers" are Jesuits or some other "flavor" of "pseudo-christianity"...and NO ONE KNOWS! Well, some of us do!

Bible Believer said...

The Catholics are there for a reason, to influence and more probably at the behest of apostate and knowing deceiver board owners, and those who run the websites. I know myself, on this one huge Christian website, and forum, that they even let Catholics moderate and advance their Catholic teachings.

Here is the place I am talking about

http://www.christianforums.com/f26/

There are many more. if the churches themselves and teachers are Jesuit influenced why not message boards and websites?

Jeff Bynum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Ruby said...

Bible Believer wrote: "People used to tell me I was nuts, when I could discern message boards full of phonies, the same writing styles and the same tactics used over and over as if people were WORKING THEM instead of people seeking after sincere discussions and fellowship."

You are so right. People do work message forums, as in they are getting PAID to work them. For example, the Founder of Rapture Ready, Todd Strandberg has at least 14 message forums and they are run by employees.

"In 1995 Strandberg founded the online Rapture Index, a Dow Jones-type measuring tool of biblical prophecy. He and 12 employees now run fourteen end-times sites, including RaptureReady.com (2) and RaptureMe.com. The combined sites attract more than 250,000 visitors each month. He also cowrote a book due this summer titled Are You Rapture Ready? (E.P. Dutton)."

For quote source see:
Todd Strandberg's NWO Conditioning Forums are Run By Employees