Sunday, June 10, 2012

Some Recent Thoughts about Kindness







Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Psa 117:2 For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD [endureth] for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue [is] the law of kindness.

Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil.


Sometimes in thinking about life, and in dealing with people on a secular level, one thing I first I ask myself "Are They Kind?" It is also an important question to ask of YOURSELF. ARE YOU YOURSELF A KIND PERSON?

I know doing the expose the deceivers work can be hard. Some of us are sensitive sorts, who wants to make enemies? There are so many wolves out there. Lately I know I have to be careful of not falling into the morass of where the exposing can lead some. One of my commenters on this article warned of the dangers out there, and speaking of a conference I was talking about talked about those becoming "experts on evil". If we are going to apply that to a conference that is being analyzed, we need to apply those standards to ourselves too. I do not just want be seen MYSELF as just an "expert on evil".  I have to admit when writing some of the stuff here, I think of the good stuff, that is being directed away from. One should not live in fear. I do not want to think about nuclear bombs, Fema camps, and the rest, I want to think about God's love.

Even when exposing things, I'd rather it would not have to be done, I would rather live in a world where everyone was sincere, trust me on that. How does one balance all this?, it is an issue I struggle with.

As I have written many are our enemies along just based on us being Christians. Believing what I do alone will make some people angry and have them yell out the hater 'scripts'. This will happen no matter how nice you are, in even being direct about God's truth. There is a hard balance to make as the Christian knows, just for being who they are and what they believe that many in the world will 'hate them'. 1 John 3:13. Of course at the same time we are called to live in peace with all men:

2Cr 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.


Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

So this is all a matter of balance.

I like that Romans 12, writes "if it be possible", well because circumstances will arise where one will need to stand up for the truth or depart from wickedness.

A couple years ago I wrote the "mean" Christian article. I had some Christians who were 'mean' to me, in my nonbeliever days. In the Christian world, so many are whipped up [and many of these people in the pews ARE sincere] into *fighting* enemies that something is being lost.

If anything I try to always err on the side of being kind while still preaching the truth to people in real life. It is not always easy. Christians will have doors slammed in their face and encounter those who refuse to speak to them even just for giving them a tract. However I do know kind people who do not agree with me on things who do treat me with respect. Thankfully several of these people are open to what I have to say. I certainly do not see myself as the world's expert, and "RIGHT" on everything but hope for these folks, they come to know the gospel through me.



We have to always be asking ourselves are we showing God's kindness and love to others? One thing I do try to meet people where they are at. I spent my years in my own deception but once one has the gospel they want to share it with others. I know even the majority of Christians out there are not going to know about some of the things some of us have studied, some of us who have done so for years. One doesn't need a political litmus test or to know who the Bilderberg are to get into heaven. We must keep to mercy as well, with God as our example. The most important thing is if someone is born again or not. That said, I make that the first priority out in life but then I believe what I do here is important too, warning people about what is going on and talking about things I have learned. Who wouldn't want to do that? 

This is just something I am thinking on lately. This world needs more kindness as it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for posting this. You are right, those who have been called to watch get no joy out of exposing false teachings and teachers, rather it grieves to see God's truth trampled and His people misled. Rather it is a matter of OBEDIENCE. I'm sure there are many times you would rather look the other way, but you know you can't because someone is in harm's way.


And you are right, the Bible tells us to speak the truth out of a heart of love and concern. Yes, it must be made clear and at times it might sound harsh, but when someone is about to be creamed by a Mac truck we don't just calmly speak a warning!

You are so right and wise to take this pause to reflect on God's blessings and to remind us to mix truth with a good dose of grace. The kindness of the Lord is what brings conviction and repentance by the Holy Spirit.

And yes, we should not listen to the fearmongers, and all the wars and the economic downturns, etc. Yes, be informed, but rise above it because our Lord is above it all. You are so right - what truly matters is reaching the lost and redeeming the time. If we put our Lord first in our lives He will take care of us - not as the prosperity teachers say, but seeing to our needs.

Bible Believer said...

Thanks Anon.

Yeah this is not always easy stuff to do exposing the many false teachers and teachings. I hate seeing how many are misled and the ones who are the most subtle in misleading people. Yeah there is a lot you wish you could just ignore and close your eyes too, but people need to be warned. You are right, its like staying silent while seeing a Mac truck heading towards someone. I do think we all need to take a pause definitely and remind ourselves of what is important. God will take care of us, I've seen that in action all the time. God bless you and thanks for your encouraging words.