Monday, March 26, 2012

From News4themasses: "Fools, Idols, Experts and Shepherds"




Fools, Idols, Experts, and Shepherds.

I was researching the voluminous sites that offer “Conferences” and “Speakers” and “Experts,” and I couldn’t help but feel disgusted; if we, “the bride,” didn’t have such an insatiable lust for our ears to be tickled there wouldn’t be so many false teachers, con-artists, charlatans, and the kicker, creme de la creme, the “Shepherds” who are supposed to protect the sheep. Thank God for Jesus, the true Shepherd! He saved me from my sins and from the deception of all those “discernment ministries” whom I thought were the “good guys.”

Please read the whole link. I thank God too for showing me the truth. Actually looking at the stew pot of confusion that is out there, if you are not following the Holy Spirit and God's Word, you are going to fall for the charlatans. Never elevate ANY person to a place where you listen to them instead of God. Sometimes lately I have been dealing myself with being in awe of how bad the deception is, and trust me I am not someone who thinks I am perfect either, every Christian should always have an attitude of self examination and seeking the truth, and testing everything as the Bereans did, in Acts 17.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

I went through a lot of the same things that news4themasses describes, when God ripped the veil off the whole "network" of deceit and how insidious it all was.

2 Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

No comments: