Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Real Saints Were/Are NOT FAMOUS



LOL I know that is obvious isn't it? One thing I want this blog to do is break people free of the world's systems love for fame and notoriety and how so many are being lured in by media which seems to literally surround us 24/7 enticing and seducing so many people. Well we have the religious media too, and they are making use of fame and people's propensity to seek after a human leader to give them all the answers to lead them astray.

Many ask me, do you have one 'usually' famous or known name pastor to recommend? The answer is "NO". There are a few fundamentalist preachers who seem to be sincere and other websites I still read, but at this point, I refuse to give 100% endorsement to any man, test everyone for yourself and according to God's Word. There are infiltrators all over the place too, and well we have seen with many of these named preachers, so many UNANSWERED questions, one has to be careful out there.

See the links to the left of the blog, "My Favorite Links", those links are for INFORMATION, now I have removed acouple if I realize they are too far gone,  and need to put one back, but even there, test all things as I have told you and do it with this blog too. I am an ordinary person, actually probably less then ordinary. LOL, I have my limitations and like all human beings faults.   I can promise you though,  you do not have to worry about me showing up at any Bible conferences with dubious characters or on stage with a Catholic bishop.

Here is my advice to people, STOP LOOKING to the "FAMOUS" or even semi-famous guys, if you are new Christian, your ultimate role model should be Jesus Christ and seeking to be like HIM. People have feet of clay, and even the best Christians faults, actually forget role models and just LOOK TO JESUS. The famous guys, you know ones who have sold books, get invited everywhere, on TV, etc, they are loved by the world for a reason, and it usually is NOT a good one! If not in the "network" as a knowing deceiver, some simply see religion as a good paying easy gig.   All the famous preachers, want people seeking after THEM. Have you ever read this Bible verse


Act 10:34    Then Peter opened [his] mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

You ever wonder in this world why people are so celebrity conscious, why everyone wants to be the biggest man on the totem pole, where they got millions of people in sway to one guy [usually nowadays wicked beyond belief--just examining most governmental leaders] and they do his bidding setting all conscience aside?

They got Christians being led into this "system" too, telling you to DEFINE yourself by a famous Christian teacher. I know I get emails from people saying, "you are too hard to peg", "who do you follow?" Well all I can say is I follow Jesus Christ. I found the one guy funny who wrote me, "What is your theology?" I spent two years, writing about religious beliefs, and he wants to know what my theology is? LOL

No one is more important or worthwhile human being before God. There are not some humans who are "better" then others, there are born again people and the lost. That is the distinction to look for. Witness to the lost and share good fellowship with other Christian believers, but stop looking for earthly "gurus". 

Years ago, I was witnessing to some Catholics on a message board, and saying look, you have your FAMOUS SAINTS, usually people who founded an ORDER, or brought the Vatican more money--Mother Teresa raised millions that went to the Vatican, or were a famous leader, but the fact of the matter is along with Rome preaching a false gospel, the real saints, those who truly followed God's Word and loved God, died [as far as this world goes] UNKNOWN. There are not statues of them, or books, or Catholic churches named after them. Outside of the apostles in the Bible, and others, most of their names are lost to us but they are KNOWN to God and written in the BOOK OF LIFE.

Who are the SAINTS in scripture, but God's own, those who have been born again and repented in Jesus Christ?


Hbr 6:10    For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.


Rev 11:18    And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.


Rev 14:12    Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.


Phm 1:5    Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;


See "The Hold Celebrity Preachers Have"

We all have to stop looking for known names, known "movements", world definitions. Hey I was in that trap too, I struggled with this as a new Christian, announcing myself as a "baptist" and extolling some of the fundie "greats" in those circles until I found out the word baptist barely means anything anymore. When I moved away from my fundie baptist church, seeing the real baptist world, was a wake-up call and a half. Rejecting Pre-Trib and easy believism made that picture even more interesting. I am still open to assembling with a body of truly born again believers but what am I telling you here?

What am I trying to say here is we have to think outside the world's definition of "Christian", we have to think outside who their choice of the famous are, because most of them are going to lead you astray and start thinking outside the box of "human" control, where one man wants to be elevated above another [the error of Nicolaitans] and start looking to Jesus Christ as our role model and remember the world is going to HATE us, if we are the real deal.

Jhn 15:18    If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.

So if Jesus Christ was hated, do you think the guys the world LOVES, are preaching the truth?

They are not. And Rome's saints were NOT saints either.

4 comments:

Gordon said...

Having come out of different cults and false religions myself, I have a lot of empathy for your zeal Bible Believer. I’ve grown to take a hard line with who I will listen to, too, and I spend earnest time praying that the Holy Spirit Himself will teach me, and undo what I have learned from men, that was/is false.

Of course *zeal* in itself isn’t enough to carry a person for long, and can at times hinder rather than help, because *impatience* is often the evil twin and counterfeit that shadows it. I find myself with Peter’s sword hacking off an ear trying to defend the Lord Jesus Christ.

In practice (Biblically), the greatest accompaniment to zeal is knowledge. Ignorance will lead to self-righteousness, not dependence on God and the sacrifice of Christ who is your righteousness. Please see the context in detail at Romans 10.

By *knowledge* here the implication and practical application is Biblical knowledge gained by faith of reading the Word of God in the faith of Christ by and for the Glory of God. The express result is sound doctrine revealing Christ to us by the Holy Spirit who we find expressly in the Word of God, bringing Glory to God.

Jesus said this about true doctrine and false doctrine;

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me? (John 7:16-19, KJV)


Is the doctrine speaking and pointing explicitly to Christ to bring Glory to God? (Trustworthy!)

Does the doctrine seek the glory of the one giving it?
(Untrustworthy!)


Something we have been using in figuring stuff out is the Bible itself in context. Reading full books of the Bible at one sitting or listening (audio Bible) to full books at one time; wash, rinse, and repeat.
Try listening to one same book every day for a month, for example, all of Romans or something. It’s tougher than it sounds, because all of a sudden 90 things happen that require your immediate attention instead.

I feel strongly too, that it’s important to study some Church History, where and how did such and such idea _xxxxx_ come in?

Answering an important question...
What exactly is the Doctrine of Salvation? Or what is the Gospel?
Learning to speak it, or do you need a tract or video or something to explain what you can't? Starting there is the only place to get a sure foundation.

I ask myself "If repeating the Gospel is a bother, what does that say about my "relationship" of first love?"

Rev 2.4
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

[context in these verses is important please read what is being talked about in context]

Kayfabe said...

Much of institutional Christianity puts stock in the celebrity hood of pastors. It's like Jesus isn't enough for them. When the so called church does this they mirror the world in the way they worship celebrities, atheletes, coaches etc. Look at Joe Paterno as an example in how the world sets up false idols. The church does the same with TV Jakes, Chuck Smith, Joel Olsteen and many others. So called men of God write books and charge a bundle because they have some celebrity status going for them and the sheeple fall for it. It's the old Pimp game that they play where the saying goes "The Game is to be sold not told". They make it out where you "have to have their book" in order to grow in your spirituality. The bible is enough for me although I am open to books when I have the time which is rare with my job and three teenage kids driving me crazy. We are merely simple sheep not Christian Superstars

Bible Believer said...

I agree, all of the institutions it is about the known names and advancing their names, books, conferences and churches. It is not only them treating Jesus like he is not enough but putting someone in their place. Yes all the books and rest of the products do have to bring in a lot of money. It seems if someone wanted truth to really get out there, they would make it free or at least very cheap, just for the price of paper. It's making "merchandise of people" when it has become such a money game, and you wonder how many jump into the mix, seeing it as an easy way to bring in the cash...Benny Hinn and TV preachers. I think books can be good too to research but of course the Bible is enough too. You are right we are simple sheep and not Christian Superstars.

Bible Believer said...

correction: putting someone in His place...