Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rest in the Lord While This World Goes Nuts


Psalm 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

Well I have to go rest in the Lord, well that's my plan for this afternoon. Sometimes posting some of the things on here can be difficult because you do see the suffering, the wicked getting over on so many, but a Christian has to remember to balance things out and keep their cool. This is a reminder for myself as well. Sometimes doing this blog, it can be difficult to see how low down and false the churches have become, but God warned us! I am glad I have the privilege of being able to warn people and talk about what is going on and Thank God for that. Thanks to all my readers and I appreciate all of you too who share such great commentary and discussion on the blog entries. Wanted to write that, and since this blog is more then a year old now, wanted to share my appreciation. For fellow bloggers and writers, too, keep up your good work, I massively benefited from the warnings of other Christians even years ago. I also do thank God for what He has shown me and other Christians and I keep praying for His truth along the way.

This world is going to go more nuts, and lately I am realizing the importance of making sure one's prayer life is strong, as many Americans are realizing that hardship [its already happened to so many already] is going to be knocking on their doors. We have to remember this world is not our home, and it is not everything. Sometimes I know reading some of this stuff can be hard, and "upsetting" but always keep in mind our Hope in Jesus Christ. God will give you the peace that passes all understanding in whatever trials come. Strengthen yourself through Him in turning to Him. Even dealing with finding out what I have in writing this blog, I have had to turn to God many times.

Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

7 comments:

michelle said...

The world has been "nuts" for as long as I've lived in it. Rest is hard to come by but still important I think. I loved the comments you have left on my posts. Keep them coming if you want.

Abbey said...

What a beautiful and serene picture BB. I would love to sit there and just take in the beauty.

I think we're all feeling the effects of the evil and godlessness all around us. Unfortunately as the saying goes, we ain't seen nothin yet.Personally, I have to focus on other more pleasant things for awhile resting and trusting in the Lord. It's a heavy burden for those of us that care. Sometimes it makes you feel so alone amongst the people around us. I know Jesus warned us but it's so widespread it's hard to believe.

There is one thing I have to agree with Rick Warren about. He said "Today there really aren't that many Fundamentalists left; I don't know if you know that or not, but they are such a minority; there aren't that many Fundamentalists left in America." Yeah and he's probably the one that brought most of it about. He must be very proud and happy with himself.

Bible Believer said...

Hi Michelle, thanks, I'll come over and visit your blog soon again :)

Abbey, thanks, yes I loved that picture, fall is my favorite season too with the colorful leaves and more moderate weather. Yes, I believe many people are feeling the evil and godlessness, also understand the feeling of being alone among so many who do not know what is going on or who are fooled by the system, you are right Jesus warned us and Bible prophecy is coming true. I am sure Rick Warren is happy there are very few fundamentalists or Bible believing Christians left, he had a great role to play in that...there are areas where there are almost none, and I know the difference of going from a place where there was at least a few Christians around to basically none or just nominals. I had one elderly friend in the last place describe how the Warren teachings changed her church. Rick Warren said this about fundamentalists too...

http://web.archive.org/web/20060116060443/http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/living/religion/13573441.htm

"Warren predicts that fundamentalism, of all varieties, will be "one of the big enemies of the 21st century."

"Muslim fundamentalism, Christian fundamentalism, Jewish fundamentalism, secular fundamentalism - they're all motivated by fear. Fear of each other."

With resting in the Lord, you know God will take care of all this in the end, and that includes everything that people are suffering now, and the grief of watching so many choose the wrong road and following of the false preachers.

Labby said...

I'm sort a tired. Need rest...feel like we are being surrounded. Music, movies, schools, church, where can we go where we are not being attacked constantly?

How you do what you do, Bible Believer, I'll never know. Only with the strength of the Almighty can you possibly have enough energy to keep going.

Someday we'll meet and I'll shake your hand : )

Bible Believer said...

Hi Labby,

Yeah we are getting surrounded, more and more crazy news everyday too. We all have to pray to God for strength especially as the craziness enters our everyday lives. I go to movies very rarely, music--even the "Christian" stuff is bad, guess I go to the distant past to find good music, the schools--yeah even colleges are indoctrination centers and church, sometimes with churches, perhaps God will allow me to move and find one of the rare decent ones again, but glad I am not one of the people sitting in one being deceived. Thanks Labby, talking about things I do here and even researching them can be hard. God has given me ability to do all this, and trust me in the earlier days, I used to have fear and rest almost stop me. It all comes from Him. I would love one day to meet you and shake your hand as well....[think that of many Christian friends who are far and wide too] You are my true brothers and sisters as God's Word points out. :)

FollowsTheWay said...

My favorite "radio" station:

http://www.fbcradio.org/fbcradio.asx

Sacred music only....with the occasional preaching.

Praise the Lord

Bible Believer said...

Thanks for the link, I checked it out. I am always looking for good sources for Christians. :)