Thursday, April 7, 2011

Catholic Saint Deceptions: St. Therese of Lisieux: Story of a Soul

April 6, 2011: "Pope Encourages Re-Reading of "Story of A Soul."

This one will tie into my blog entry...Roman Catholic Saints Were No Saints".

"When I was young, a relative bought me an old book called "Story of A Soul", my copy was an old edition in a red cover printed sometime in the 1930s. This was probably the last book my relative wanted to buy me in trying to keep me Catholic. In my ways this book led me away from who I thought God was. This is a book written by St. Therese of Lisieux who was also known as "The Little Flower of Jesus" and who was a Carmelite nun during the last years of her very short life. Remembering this book, I realized that Therese was a loving and earnest girl who sought after God, but from today's perspective, I know for a fact she was given a false god. She did not know the comfort of the Holy Spirit. She had no inkling of truth in Jesus Christ or of God's Word. She spoke often of "god" as bringing her suffering and how her suffering would save her.

In fact as I read this book as a youngster--I think I was around 8-10 or so, I found myself thinking "god" as an ogre. How could "he" be so cruel to Teresa? One sees in her book even the horrible Catholic outcome of people turning to Mary for comfort and solace, while "god" brings nothing but suffering. In fact in the first chapter she entrusts her book to "my darling Mother" [who of course is Mary].

Here this is an example of a Catholic being led away from the comfort of the one true God.[2 Cr 1:3] Like so many of these saints, they have communion with a false "jesus" that tells them to make themselves victims and seek their salvation through their own suffering and works rather then trusting in Jesus Christ. Rather then trusting in the promises of the Bible where we are promised life more abundantly through Jesus Christ and joy....many of these saints seek after their own suffering led by a false "christ". Just read this from a writing about St. Teresa...
"On 9 June of the same year 1895, the feast of the Blessed Trinity, she received a very special grace during Mass, and felt within herself an urge to offer herself as a holocaust victim to Merciful Love. After Mass she took me with her to mother prioress; she seemed beside herself and did not say a word. When we found Mother Agnes, for it was she who was then prioress, she asked her if both of us could offer ourselves as victims to Merciful Love, and gave her a short explanation of what that meant. Mother Agnes was at a loss; she did not seem to understand too well what was going on, but she had such confidence in Sister Thrse's discretion that she gave her full permission. It was then that she composed the act called 'An Offering to Love', which she carried next to her heart ever afterwards."
Consider how this is a twisted presentation of "god's" love...God's Love does not destroy it heals. This is an example of Teresa being in delusion from a false spirit leading her away from the true nature of God.
"In order to live in one single act of perfect Love, I OFFER MYSELF AS A VICTIM OF HOLOCAUST TO YOUR MERCIFUL LOVE, Asking You to consume me incessantly, allowing the waves of infinite tenderness shut up within You to overflow into my soul, and that thus I may become a martyr of Your Love, O my God!"
One thing about Catholic saints, who are deceived and following Satan, is they are led to unwholesome and self destructive tendencies. St. Therese looked to her own sufferings and over and over. One horrid example was refusing to kill flies that hovered and crawled on her while she was ill.
From Mother Agnes's notes "[The flies tormented her, but she wouldn't kill them:] "I always give them freedom. They alone have caused me misery during my sickness. I have no enemies, and since God recommends that we pardon our enemies, I'm happy to find this opportunity for doing so."
Here too from the same link, read her love of "suffering for sufferings sake". Now Christians may have to go through tribulation and suffering for the gospel, but this is something else entirely:
"I have found happiness and joy on earth, but solely in suffering, for I've suffered very much here below; you must make it known to souls . . . "Since my First Communion, since the time I asked Jesus to change all the consolations of this earth into bitterness for me, I had a perpetual desire to suffer.* "
Consider these words of Jesus Christ, regarding a lady who wants all "consolations of this earth changed into bitterness" Jhn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly. This doesn't mean that everyone who dies young is wicked or doing wrong, but St. Therese definitely was led to harm her health as you read her life story, leading to her very early death at the age of 24. So as I read this book on Therese's life, as a young child, I found myself led away from "god". I saw a young nice girl loved by her parents, who was literally being *tortured* by who she believed was "god". This poor girl, already had demonic influences in her life early on as she was healed supposedly from a statue of Mary smiling at her. One can see it in her eyes.






This lead me to doubt very early on what was presented to me as being "Christian" as a young child. This is just one example of one Catholic "saint" led into deceptions by the false "christ" and false gospel in Catholicism. There are many other examples, but St. Therese follows many of the same paths they take...which include signing on to many false attributes of "god" contrary to God's Word and seeking salvation or salvation of others via their own suffering. When witnessing to Catholics, God's Word can wipe away some of the deception as you share with them true attributes of God as a loving Father, instead of someone who would lead a young girl into this deep of deception. Many Catholics are trained to look to these saints as examples growing up of what holiness is, I know I was. From a biblical standpoint and after one is born again, one realizes how very lost they were and what a tragedy this is.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I have found as a common constant, is that many of these Catholics were first opened up to a lifelong dedication of their error BY SOME MANIFESTATION OF THE DEVIL CALLING ITSELF "MARY". Once this thing has them hooked, then it may "introduce" them to "Jesus" and this "Jesus" they believe is the same Jesus Christ of Scripture. The "Mary" Devil acts as the familiar spirit guide. Indeed, this "Mary" thing with the catholics IS a familiar spirit. It's no different than using a ouija board.

There is a pathetic poster on a catholic hangout site which is convinced that she not only saw an apparition of "christ", but that this apparition wasn't just an apparition, but the actual physical person in her presence. Not only that, but this "Jesus" "took" her all the way back in "suspended" time to the site of the crucifixion, and she says she saw every excruciating detail of what occurred that day. By this, she is convinced that she has had some "special" communication with "christ" that typical other people do not have. But guess what familiar guide introduced her to this "christ"? This poster prayed first to "Mary"! You will find that this is the common thread with all these mystics, and that praying to this "Mary" opens one up to demonic possession and bondage. Anon. #1

Bible Believer said...

I agree. I spent some years on Catholic/evangelical discussion boards, and the Marian Catholics, you know the ones who have statues of Mary in their houses, pray the rosary incessantly, join the "blue army", pray to mary, always seemed to talk about their visions and "dead people" [they thought they were deceased relatives but it is actually demons showing up in their living room. I've studied the lives of many Catholic saints, and the "familiar spirit" of "Mary" does invite in the demons and false spirits including at times one pretending to be "jesus".

There are some who do have the visions, and think they have "met" 'christ' in person, after all isn't that the story with the nun that Mel Gibson's "The Passion movie was based on. Sadly I have recently even found out this movie is STILL being shown in evangelical churches. Praying to "mary" does open one up to demons. I never could stand hearing the rosary prayed as a child, during funerals always would go hide in the bathroom, now I know why. "Saint" Therese had more then this false early demonic vision, but others as well.

Anonymous said...

I had an experience while praying the rosary with my mother wherein I was asked in my mind if I believed Mary was my savior and I got quite angry, enraged in fact, as I knew Jesus died for our sins, and said in my mind that I would never replace Jesus for Mary because I love Jesus so much. I also said to the questioning in my mind that I would obey my mother while I still lived with her and continue to pray the rosary with her until I left home.

It was years later when I had "fallen away" from Catholicism, and was trying to come back to God as an adult that I remembered what I said and took the long Journey to learning as a Bible believing Christian.

I believe I was lead of the Spirit away from Catholicism and shown Truth in Christ Jesus.

I thank you for posting the truth about Catholicism, it really helps my faith in trusting the Spirit of God to show me the way.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's interesting that you mentioned the "blue army". The color blue was a symbol of the pagan queen of heaven. Anon. #1

Bible Believer said...

Thanks Anon, for sharing your experience praying the rosary, I believe the queen of heaven is leading people to give her "god" like status in their hearts. This is what the Co-Redemptrix stuff is about, where they want to name "Mary" [co-redemptrix--co-redeemer] basically putting her on the same level as Jesus. Satan said "I shall be like the most high" and this demon/fallen angel wants to be too.

I am glad you refuse the devil's siren call, and that this had you start questioning the Catholic system. Remember in my story, I left the RCC to be UU, and went back for a short time later, trying to come back to God too, but thankfully to do this was reading the Bible and praying for truth, so I would be born again and leave the RCC. Once I was saved, the Holy spirit had me out of there within days.

Thanks for your compliment and encouragement, I know I was helped by other Christians daring to tell the truth coming out of the RCC.

Bible Believer said...

I didnt know blue was a color of the queen of heaven, but they use all the other "goddess" symbols, the moon, stars etc, so that is very probable as well. The blue army is one of those many Catholic organizations that advance the false Marian apparitions.

http://www.wafusa.org/

Labby said...

In the words of Paul - Paul McCartney that is. Scary, when you think of what the beautiful song is saying...


When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

Anonymous said...

Yep, that group was definitely used of Satan. They did much to make popular to new generations the eastern paganism, and this "Mary" business is quite telling. I believe they knew exactly what they were doing. Anon. #1

Bible Believer said...

Yes scary. The Beatles have endless evil in their songs. Too many think that is one of the 'more innocent" rock bands because they didn't have pentagrams as back drops like the overt ones we have today, their verses are full of satanic things. There is much homage to the "goddess" as well as other occult agendas imbedded in popular rock music. "Imagine" wasn't their worse, there's far more. Even modern day bands like u2 have many false new world order messages like the song "One".

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/beatles.htm

Anonymous said...

I find your blog offensive and demon like- that you would present saints as possessed is disgusting! Mary the mother of God has never tried to take the place of Jesus! If you are a true believer you will know that Mary acts as an intercessor on our behalf - she goes to Jesus with our requests and presents them to her son-she does not have the power to do anything, except pray for us-but you are the ones that have been led to a false truth and I feel sorry for you!

Bible Believer said...

I know these are not easy things to hear, but there is nothing in the Bible that presents Mary as an intercessor on our behalf, in fact Mary as a human being even deceased, would not be able to hear and understand millions of requests such as God would. Have you thought through that? I am sure the real Mary [the one from the Bible] is in heaven praying and with God but sadly the Roman Catholic chruch is leading you to worship another entity all together. We are instructed to pray only to God.

Cathy said...

Anyone who reads the Story of A Soul, the autobiography of St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face, instantly recognizes that she is totally Christocentric. St. Therese also had a grea devotion to Mary and was healed through Our Lady's intercession when she was a young girl. True devotion to Mary always leads one to Jesus. It is simply incomprehensible that some Christians think the saints in heaven could lead people away from Jesus. Where do you people get this warped theology from? Don't you know that in heaven, the angels and saints perfectly fulfill the Will of God? Well they certainly do!!! And therefore, it is IMPOSSIBLE for a saint to lead anyone away from Jesus/astray. In the Our Father don't we ask God the Father that, 'thy Will be done on earth as it is IN HEAVEN'???


http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_19101997_divini-amoris_en.html

http://www.catholicfaithandreason.org/mary-our-mother-in-the-order-of-grace.html

Anonymous said...

Stop worshiping the bible.