Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Babylonian Queen of Heaven #1


Some here may ask who is this queen of heaven you keep referring to? I thought I'd write a short blog entry to explain.

Let's look at scripture...


Jer 7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead [their] dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.


Jer 7:19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: [do they] not [provoke] themselves to the confusion of their own faces?


Jer 7:20 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

One thing when I was UU, they led us to worship the "goddess" [I was already familiar with the "goddess" via the New Age movement and Wicca as well]. In fact in that church, I was steeped deep in so called "goddess theology". See the picture at the top here? The Unitarian Universalist Association holds a class called "Cakes for the Queen of Heaven" that introduces people to the various forms of the "goddess". I almost took this class some months before I would walk out of the UU forever. Note the name of the class itself celebrates what God forbids.


Remember Diana in the New Testament?


Act 19:35 And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, [Ye] men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the [image] which fell down from Jupiter?


This babylonian queen of heaven, as warned about in the Bible comes in the guise of many names: Anat, Isis, Virgo Deipara, Astarte,[Ashtaroth] Inanna and Diana is included too. She appears in other religions as well:Sara Kali in Hinduism is called the "queen of heaven".


Judges 2:11 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim:
12 And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.
13 And they forsook the LORD, and served Baal and Ashtaroth.


Right now the Catholic church has led people back to the worship literally to this queen of heaven. "Mary" is referred to as the Queen of Heaven, right in the Catholic church.





Cakes by the way are baked for her still too in some places:



I always found this Marian apparition interesting "Our Lady of All Nations" because it mockingly used a name, that is WARNED OF in the Bible.




Here is the latest status on this apparition.

3 May 2002 - In a Letter of 3 May 2002, Raphael Soffner of the public affairs office of the diocese of Haarlem affirmed to EWTN that the public veneration of Our Lady of All Nations by title, image and prayer, is permitted to Catholics by decision of the Bishop of Haarlem, "with the consent of the Prefect of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith in Rome". Catholics may make "a personal judgment according to their conscience" regarding the messages and apparition.


Too bad no one read the direct warning in the Bible...[kingdoms is pretty much the same as nations]

Isa 47:5 Sit thou silent, and get thee into darkness, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called, The lady of kingdoms.

I will have more on this topic, but wanted to start with the basics here, later to come will be the explorations of Rome's black Madonna's and how Marian apparition sites are tied to pagan sites for goddess worship.

3 comments:

Rick Warden said...

I agree with your basic assessment. I wanted to write about this subject also but you've done a great job and very succinct. I would have wrapped the photos in the blog though to make it more compact.

If you would like to post this article at my blog, I would like to have it there. I could reformat it so it is more compacted.

Let me know...

Here is my blog link to check it out:

http://templestream.blogspot.com/

BTW - any other writers interested posting at my news blog let me know.

His blessings,

Rick

Bible Believer said...

Thanks Rick, glad you like this article, you can link to my articles on your blog, but I'd probably want to keep them all in the original here for now. Thanks so much. I hope you can find other writers too. I am trying to post to this blog once a week, but sometimes get behind--on the 6 day mark this week, LOL

Denise Corklin said...

Good little study...now do you care to see how this paganistic practice has become a perversion in our own Christian churches? Ask yourself who and what you believe the Holy Spirit to be ... And then go to the Bible to see if you are correct. Easy place to start is John 14. After Jesus promised to send the Comforter he said"" I will not leave you comfort less. I will come to you. ". And. " the father in me and I in you". One God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is repeated all throughout scripture. So then, who is the third who desires to be worshipped as God and has seen to the pollution of the pure teachings of Scriptures?