Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Truth About Christmas



[warning with video does not use KJV Bible, but it shows the pictures and Bible warnings in a very good way]


I used to enjoy Christmas, my Catholic family got into it quite a bit, with presents, dinners and parties, Right before I came out the Catholic church, I would repeat: "Jesus is the reason for the season" and tell fellow Catholics [this is while I was in RCC] to try and not focus on Santa and his elves so much but make sure kids and others knew it was "jesus's birthday"!

I never would have dreamed in my case that one day I would reject Christmas. Christmas is a hard one, 99.999% of the churches celebrate it out there, and the Jehovah Witnesses do not count because they deny Jesus Christ as God. The entire world goes into a frenzy to celebrate this holiday, parties, shopping and the rest. Stepping out of the fray, does part you from the crowd. Just some months after I was saved, I was convicted about Christmas, I was reading through my Bible and found this verse by accident:


JEREMIAH 10:

Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.


Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people [are] vain: for [one] cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.


Well what does this sound like?




Looking at the history of Christmas, one realizes that the holiday was chosen by the Roman Catholic church to continue the Roman holiday of Saturnalia, as well as an overlap with the winter solstice, and even modern day witches admit this:

One of the four minor Sabbats, Yule celebrates the rebirth of the Sun, the Sun God, and honors the Horned God. Yule is the longest night of the year, when balance is suspended and then gives way to the coming light. It is a time to look on the past year's achievements and to celebrate with family and friends. In ancient times, the Winter Solstice corresponded with the Roman Saturnalia (Dec. 17-24), pagan fertility rites, and various rites of Sun worship. This day is the official first day of winter. The Goddess gives birth to the Sun Child and hope for new light is born. The origins of most of the Christian [CATHOLIC]Christmas traditions come from the Pagan Yule celebration, such as the Christmas tree, the colors red and green and gift giving. Yule is also known as the Winter Solstice, Midwinter, Alban Arthan, Finn's Day, Festival of Sol, Yuletide, Great Day of the Cauldron, and Festival of Growth.




the sign above says:

"Ye Olde Yule Log

The burning of the Yule Log is an ancient custom, ante-dating the Christian Era by centures. It was a part of a gay Festival honoring the mythical god Thor. Later, the English made it an integral part of Christmas Eve festivities, even as the beautiful ChristmasTree, tho' likewise of Pagan origin, is so dear to our hearts as a Christmas symbol."

If one takes time to research the origins of Christmas and many of its customs and more, they will find out fast, it is NOT Christian. Here a Christian needs to remember those warnings that Jesus made about the false "traditions of men". Do your own research here, and realize this is one holiday bringing in much of what the Bible directly warns about. Many of the traditions are false, such as singing O' Tannebaum which basically is worshipping a tree.

Many do not realize this, but all Protestant denominations rejected Christmas, and did not celebrate it. Only towards the end of the 19th century as the holiday was promoted via commercialization, and the growing Catholic presence in America did this change.

Tom Breen writes:


In researching his book, Christmas: A Candid History, Forbes discovered that major American denominations - Presbyterians, Baptists, Quakers, Methodists and Congregationalists - either ignored the holiday or actively discouraged it until the late 19th century.

That rejection was rooted in the lack of biblical sanction for Dec. 25 as the date of Jesus's birth, as well as suspicion toward traditions that developed after the earliest days of Christianity. In colonial New England, this disapproval extended to actually making the holiday illegal, with celebration punishable by a fine.



One part of Christmas that is alarming to me personally is teaching children about the great lie called Santa Claus [or Satan's Claws?]. When I was a small child, my parents meaning well told me about Santa Claus bringing us presents, but sadly when I turned around 8 years old and realized Santa was not real, I started asking "Well if Santa Claus is not real, what about God?" This planted a seed of doubt in my mind that would last for years. We see how Christmas really has become a festival of greed. Children are trained to write, and ask Santa Claus for his "blessing" and presents. Even here, why is lying to children sanctioned? Thusly children are led into idolatry in a very subtle fashion. One of the best essays online, is Santa Claus: The Great Imposter? Please read this essay especially if you have children, and if you have introduced the Santa Claus story to them. There is much about the Santa Claus story that attempts to make a mockery of God's word: one is Santa [or as this essay points out Satan's] claim of omnipresence such as in the old Christmas song "Santa Claus is Coming To Town"; which goes: "He sees when you are sleeping, and he knows when you're awake"..... There is a reason, Santa sits on a "throne" for children to come visit him at the mall.





Over the years, I have talked to people about Christmas, it is not easy. Some have been Christians who have been unwilling to let go of this holiday. With those who are not saved, this is an more intense issue, someone really needs the conviction of the Holy Spirit to understand. This is an issue, that Christians themselves should be informed about because their churches in most cases, are promoting Christmas. I thank God here too, that when I had that first question about Christmas from reading that verse in the book of Jeremiah, that there were other Christians to warn and tell the truth about this holiday.

One warning about the celebration of Christmas, In studying Colossians 2:16, which states "16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." more and more I believe this refers to Jewish holidays, why would God's Word provide an "out" for holidays that worship Baal? Sadly many apply this verse to Christmas. I hope any that read this will be encouraged to check these things out for themselves. Leaving the things of this world sometimes is not easy, but it must be done. God does call us to separate from the things of this world. These things are abominations to God, the Christ-MASS, [referring to the false Catholic Mass] is something no Christian should celebrate or wish someone a Merry one either.






22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting video, BB. Thanks. The idolatry is so ingrained that people can't even see it. But what is worse is that the name of Christ is used to cover up for it. :( Anon. #1

Anonymous said...

I thank our wonderful LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS the Christ for this post and other believers that are seeking to worship the true and living GOD of the Bible with all of their heart, soul, mind, and strength. This is such an encouragement to our family, to see others in the Body of Christ turning away from idols and rejecting the traditions of men. I pray that the LORD will receive all glory and honor for this post and others like it. I pray that the Church will wake up and turn from her idols and turn back to her first love, JESUS. Be encouraged this is such an important message. To God be the Glory. A Sister in Christ. : )

mom4truth said...

Hi BibleBeliever,

You said the more you consider the words of Paul in Colossians, the more you are convinced he is talking of Jewish feasts. You are so right. His exact meaning is blatant, "...in respect of an holyday." X-mas was NEVER a holyday, and it certainly is not a "shadow of things to come." The feasts were the only days that were a shadow of things to come.

I read an interesting article recently on the topic of X-mas. It was talking about if, a dew generations from now, society were to make a day solely dedicated to the worship of and adulation of Hitler. It would be a day where they would feast and make merry, all in the name of Hitler. Then, a few generations later, society took that same day and "blessed" it unto Jesus. Would that make it right to partake in it (the same celebrations, albeit it for a different name) just because the original generation who created the day had passed away? Would it really change the meaning?

I'm not doing it justice, but it really made sense to me. The idea was, "Does God forget?" God was there when Nimrod and his fellow pagans created this day, and God hated it. God was there when the Israelites took part in its customs, and God hated it. So much so, they were exiled from His presence. But, do we think now, God has changed His opinion because He sent Jesus? Does His coming take away the stench of abominable practices? Does our liberty give us a right to sin? God forbid! Our liberty gives us the right to NOT sin!

For those who experience no conviction about this holiday, you must question your salvation against the Word of God. You may say you don't care, but you may never again say you didn't know!

Acts 17:30, "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:"

Anonymous said...

Amen! Those verses BB quoted were about the Jews worshiping Baal, but they did not know they were worshiping Baal. They called it "Yah". They THOUGHT they were worshiping the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. They did all the same rituals that were done for Baal, and when the prophets called them on it, They denied that they worshiped Baal. They didn't KNOW that it was Baal!

"How canst thou say, I am not polluted, I have not gone after Baalim? see thy way in the valley, know what thou hast done: thou art a swift dromedary traversing her ways.." Jer. 2:23

You see, they didn't call their idol "Baal" but that is PRECISELY WHAT IT WAS. What was the evidence? What did Jeremiah say? "..see thy way in the valley, know what thou hast done...."

It is the TRADITIONS that gave them away. But these traditions are far older than Nimrod who continued them from before the flood. They were founded by CAIN, and they came off of the TREE OF KNOWLEDGE. A rose is a rose by any other name, and so is a skunk. Anon. #1

Bible Believer said...

Thanks Anon #1.

I am glad someone warned me about Christmas when stuff started bugging me. This is information that the churches are not telling anyone about. God blessed me showing me these things, and about the idolatry of Christmas. There are many Christians out there who have rejected Christmas, even if we are few in number, we are there. I think those who prayerfully read the Bible, will discover these things with the prompting of the Holy Spirit.
I pray too that people read this, and it helps to wake them up and understand the place God is to have in our lives.

Mom4truth,

Thank you too. For some time, I had someone convince me that Colossians verse applied to Christmas too but as I thought things out, I thought how could it? Look at the messages regarding Baal worship, that Anon #3 brings up.

Christmas is rewrapped Saturnalia, so I understand your Hitler anaology. Here the Catholic church has infused tons of paganism, selling Baal worship and traditions under a false "Christian veneer". One can see Christmas morphing, with new additions such as "black friday--the greed day to scramble for goods, and the furthering of other traditions, even Santa Claus morphed from "father christmas".

I hope some people can be convicted about this holiday, and more will think these things out. There are many Christians who even are considered fundamentalists who celebrate Christmas and think nothing wrong with it.
I believe many do not know but for those who do find out, they have to face facts and obey God!

Yes the Israelites with the golden calf and other times in history, adopted the traditions of Baal, of course many worship Baal, either being ignorant/spiritually dead thinking it is God--[or others who don't care and know the choice they have made.

Anonymous said...

Christmas is idolatory which the harlot church is propagating in a bid to make the saints of God partake of her abominations. Believers in Christ were never asked directly or indirectly to celebrate his birthday but only his death.
The world is doing everything to adulterate the true gospel through Chrismas, Easter, Goodfriday and the like.All these have nothing to do with the church which is the body of Christ on earth. OH people of God reject Babylon. Bro. Nathaniel Eli. Port Harcourt, Nigeria

Bible Believer said...

Welcome to my blog, Bro. Nathaniel Eli, I am glad you agree with my article. All these holidays are misleading folks, I agree about Good Friday and Easter too. It is all about Babylon. There is a reason Christmas and Easter are centered around the dates of "solstice". Good Friday is a Catholic invention.

Kristen said...

If you bring the tree into your house as an act of worship to God, you are not doing as the heathens do. The point of the passage in Jer 10 is not how he decorates the piece of wood-- it's that he worships it.

God created trees. He does not forbid us from decorating them as part of a celebration honoring the birth of His Son. It's important not to turn these things into Law. If you don't want a Christmas tree, don't have one. But not everyone has to do everything you do, to be a good Christian who loves God.

Kristen said...

Romans 14:5-13 One man considers one day more sacred than another, another man considers every day alike. . . He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. . . . Therefore, let us stop passing judgment on one another.

Kristen said...

Protestants actually have a history of celebrating Christmas. Both Martin Luther and John Calvin, the two main founders of Protestantism, did so. Would you consider looking at this blog series by a Reformed Protestant?

http://jeffreyjmeyers.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

Bible Believer said...

Well many Protestants did not in America. I do not know about Luther or Calvin, I would have to look that up.

I did look at some of his writings.

I do not agree with the nature is good message of this one so there is nothing wrong with celebrating Christmas.


"Answer. No. It's not nature worship. And it's not pagan to recognize and utilize the symbolism associated with the seasons of the year.

According to I Timothy 4:4, "Everything that God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer." God has created both us and the rest of his creation responsive to temporal rhythmic patterns (Gen. 1:14). There are certain temporal rhythms of life that are built-in to his creation and into us. Daily: Sun up, Sun Down. Monthly: the cycle of the moon. ""

http://jeffreyjmeyers.blogspot.com/2007/12/is-christmas-christian-part-xvi.html

I do not believe there is to be a "Christianization" of what is inherently pagan beliefs. Celebrating the solstices, [well Easter is timed around the spring one] is not Christian and I believe breaks even this command in the BIble:

Deu 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, [even] all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.
Jer 8:2 And they shall spread them before the sun, and the moon, and all the host of heaven, whom they have loved, and whom they have served, and after whom they have walked, and whom they have sought, and whom they have worshipped: they shall not be gathered, nor be buried; they shall be for dung upon the face of the earth.


celebrating the "return of the sun" [the solstice] is against this verse.

Have you seen my article that talks about the core sun worship behind all false religions?

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2010/08/false-sun-worship-1-solar-wheels-and.html

One can't claim with a straight face, that it is ok to celebrate solstices like the pagans, because God "made the seasons" or "creation is good" it really is confusing the issues. These are holidays that are NOT Christian.

I beleive there are some saved Christians who being misinformed or "ignorant" about the real roots of Christmas, continue to celebrate it. I do not judge them as unsaved. With the trees, what is the line of worship and not worship? People do ooh and awe over their Christmas trees and make them the center of attention with their living rooms for many months.

Kristen said...

I do not worship the sun, nor is celebrating its return worshiping it. I disagree completely with any equation of the use or enjoyment of things God created, as part of a celebration, being equated with worship.

I will not change in this. I am not "misinformed" or "ignorant." I am aware of this line of thought and I have long since studied it, thought it over thoroughly, and rejected it completely. I believe all of Romans 14 speaks against any line of thinking that declares me apostate for disagreeing in this sort of matter-- even if I do it fully informed and not in ignorance.

Kristen said...

"What is the line of worship and not worship?"

I do not look to my Christmas tree for help or deliverance. I do not serve my Christmas tree. I do not seek its commands with a desire to obey. I do not ascribe divinity to it. I do not do good deeds in its name, or in order to bring it honor. I do not give it my love. I may praise it in the sense of "isn't it beautiful?" But I also praise puppy dogs: "Arent' they cute?" I praise my children: "You did well." The way I praise my children is much more direct than the way I praise my tree. But even if I sing, "O Christmas tree, how evergreen thy branches," I am not praising it as I praise God. I do not tell my tree it is holy, or bow down to it, or lift my hands to it, or kneel to it.

I do not worship my Christmas tree-- or the sun, or the moon (even when I say, "Look at the moon tonight! Isn't it glorious!") In reality, the line between worship and not worship is a very clear and solid line, and not one that needs to be feared, lest we somehow accidentally fall over it. A Christmas tree is not a god, nor do I treat it like one. It really isn't something to be afraid of.

Jellen said...

I call Santa Claus, Satan Claus. But I can't see abolishing Christmas altogether.

Bible Believer said...

In the occult, they'll hide the name of Satan by turning letters around, so yes its there in Satan Claus's name. Satana, etc. Do study up on Christmas. There is nothing Christian about it. Even with the Christmas trees, if one is living for God, they do not want to follow the examples of the pagans.

Anonymous said...

"if one is living for God, they do not want to follow the examples of the pagans. "

VERY WELL PUT. If you do not believe in it, then what is the purpose of putting up the propaganda?

Bible Believer said...

Thanks, I am glad you recognize the truth about Christmas.

Mr. Little said...

letting go of worldly things is hard for many but the love of Christ and truth shold have a stronger hold on our hearts.

Bible Believer said...

I agree. Who cares about the holiday of Christmas and all its trappings compared to the love of Jesus Christ and the truth?

Puddlefrog said...

I as a pagan am finally relieved to see Christians that see "christmas" for what it is. I am not here to start anything. I have respect for all beliefs having studied many of them greatly. When speaking of Yule to people I find I am generally degraded and put down and told I am wrong on my facts about "christmas". When essentially they are blindly following pagan ways from the tree, decorations, traditions, food and song. But when that fact is pointed out I am put down even further and called horrible names. I commend you on speaking the true facts on "christmas". Have you studied up on Hallowe'en? If you haven't you should.

Bible Believer said...

Hey I post all opinions here if the posters are respectful. I am glad you see that the origins of Christmas are pagan. Being an ex-pagan, UU Theosophist, I learned the pagan origins of Christmas back in those days.


http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/search/label/My%20Testimony

Christmas is about the winter solstice.

I have posts on this board about Halloween check out the index. I do not celebrate it, nor Easter.

Leahlive said...

Well it's that time of year again! Why do I feel so yucky? It's called conviction. No one told me that I shouldn't celebrate Christmas, I just started to get conviction. Period. Last year or maybe even year before I could just see something ain't right here with no idea what that was. This year for some time now I have known that I cannot participate in something that gives me such strong conviction. I don't even have to know why, although I do now,thanks to this blog post etc., but if Holy Spirit is trying to warn and convict, do we ask why or just trust that it is to protect us from something.