Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stay Away From Narnia!

From the "paganism is good ethos of the Catholic church" which this Catholic apologist seems to agree with too:

Lewis use of pagan imagery in his Narnia books and other fiction (most notably Till We Have Faces, which is a retelling of a pagan myth) reflects his conviction that paganism, at its best, is a preparation for the gospel that contains many elements of truth.

Posted by: Mark Shea at Dec 1, 2005 10:45:57 AM

Right there, that sums up the problem with CS Lewis books, and his Narnia series, then I could describe in 5 paragraphs. Going along with their false premise that the "gods" of false religions represent at the very least archetypes of "god": Let's not forget the Catholic church teaches this about pagan religions:



843 The Catholic Church recognizes in other religions that search, among shadows and images, for the God who is unknown yet near since he gives life and breath and all things and wants all men to be saved. Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as "a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life."332


The religion that heads Mystery Babylon would never warn people as Christians discern that the false "gods" of other religions are evil spirits or Satan himself. They may warn of idolatry and "errors' but when the premise is that every false religion seeks after God, instead of warning of Baal worship, there is a problem. There is a seeking after "truths" in pagan religions and a promotion of universalism. There is no doubt in my mind, that there are aspects of entertainment being used for "programming" as it were, in this case to help embrace a paganized false "Christianity" [overt sun worship included].

One manifestation of this in Catholic circles are the teachings where they tell people that pagan religions and traditions can be 'christianized". So when one watches the first Narnia movie, brains remain sleeping, when one of the "heros' of the movie is a representative of the cloven footed PAN [a representative of Satan]. This character is not called Pan thought but Mr. Tumnus, [a name very similar to Tammuz which was a pagan sun "god" that is warned about in the book of Ezekial chapt 8. "Ezekiel 8:13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do. 14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD'S house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.". Vertumnus another similar name was a Roman "god" of orchards. Is that name by accident?, I don't think so!






The "eternal winter" that Narnia is cursed under even here fits into the sun-worship connected to pagan Baal "worship of the creation" religions and Mystery Babylon, when the false pagan gods were praised and called on for the seasons of the year and to bring spring. [Otherwise why celebrate the winter and spring solstices or the birth of the sun?]

Remember these books are being sold in the Christian world as an allegory for "jesus" where these folks say Aslan is representative of him, and as supposedly imparting a Christian message. One can go to mainstream Christian websites and see the movies and books being advertised and heavily promoted. There are many books that have been published presenting the "Christian" aspects of Narnia:




The two things I've already discussed are just a tip of the iceberg as to the occult symbology in Narnia [the movie, as well as the series of books is INTENSE]. Even the" wardrobe" in The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, that leads to another world, is related to occult symbology that is related to crossing thresholds, and altered states of conciousness. Even witches [including Starhawk who is popular in UU circles] recognize the occult teachings and witchcraft in these books.

Reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe just acouple years ago to remind myself of what I saw as a child in this book in Catholic school, I saw the things listed above, as well as many others. Aslan's abilities and the witch's powers are referred to as DEEP MAGIC [Aslan's "Magic" the even DEEPER Magic]. For all the children being told Aslan represents "jesus", [by the way I was told this, YEARS ago in Catholic school, where no classroom ever failed to have the complete set of books past 2nd grade!], the deception is deep. Think about the blasphemy there. There are demons presented as good, the "White witch" directly kills Aslan.

Later on in the book and movie, Aslan is killed by a knife which is disturbing because in all the warnings of Satanic sacrifices, and rituals, that is how it is done. Even when the knife is described in the book [lets not forget this is a book for "children"!], the knife is described as an an athame[which is a name for ceremonial knives in paganism and witchcraft]

Here is even more blasphemy: "Who will take him out of my hand then" [blasphemy against the Word of God by Satan]

From the book "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe"



"The Witch bared her arms as she had bared them the previous night when it had been Edmund instead of Aslan. Then she began to whet her knife. It looked to the children, when the gleam of the torchlight fell on it, as if the knife were made of stone, not of steel and it was a strange and evil shape.

At last she drew near. She stood by Aslan's head. Her face was working and twitching with passion, but his looked up at the sky, still quiet niether angry nor afraid, but a little sad. Then, just before she gave the blow, she stooped down and said in a quivering voice.

And now who has won? Fool, did you think that by all this you would save the human traitor? Now I will kill you instead of him as our pact was and so the Deep Magic will be appeased. But when you are dead what will prevent me from killing him as well? And who will take him out of my hand then? Understand you have given me Narnia forever, you have lost your own life and you have not saved his. In that knowledge despair and die.

The children did not see the actual moment of the killing. They couldn't bear to look and had covered their eyes.

[page 155].

Berit Kjos states:

Her [speaking of the witch] ritual sacrifice
of Aslan has more in common with the ancient blood sacrifices to cultural gods (whether Hindu, Mayan, Inca or Babylonian) than with the crucifixion of our
Lord. Small wonder the movie director chose a sacrificial setting for Aslan that looks strangely like the ancient ritual stones and pillars at Stonehenge, now a gathering place for the world's fast-growing networks of neopagans.





How satanic and sickening!

After Aslan is back to life...[this is to show the use of the phrase "deeper magic":


"It means," said Aslan, that though the Witch knew the deeper Magic, there is a magic deeper still she did not know. Her knowledge goes back only to the dawn of time"

[page 163]

Whoever thought these books and their movie spin-offs were OK for kids? Well now they are promoting this year's movie, which is "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader". Last year's movie was Prince Caspian, all best to be avoided. Do your research too here, the books are full of paganism throughout, more here.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that that Narnia was really witchcraft, but as I have never read the books or seen the movies, I didn't know just how bad they were. Thanks, for this BB. Anon. #1

Bible Believer said...

Thanks anon, I read the book probably it was 2008, posted some of this elsewhere the quotes, my jaw was dropping while I was reading, I mean I knew it was bad but didn't know how bad. I read the some Harry Potter books, marking down all the occult stuff and there was horrified as well {I knew I had to read at least "some" of what I was warning about}. So the quotes in this article are from my own reading of the book, I didn't get them from any article, though I guess someone else could have seen them and reported on it as well. Reading these books and the just as poisonous "Wrinkle In Time book in Catholic school were NOT good influences.

Anonymous said...

C.S. Lewis' writings are total garbage spiritually. He was a false teacher that was basically a catholic man: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/cs_lewis-heretic.htm

It is another example of so-called "evangelical" apostasy to give Lewis' writings even one split second of time. All wasted time. When I hear a supposed "evangelical" teacher quote C.S. Lewis, I stop listening to that teacher. Because, if that teacher doesn't have any discernment to not believe Lewis, then what else are they wrong about? You can be sure there's plenty.

Bible Believer said...

I agree with leaving any teacher or author behind that praises C.S. Lewis. The like of CS Lewis actually is one way to know if you are dealing with a non-discerning evangelical. There are a few baby Christians who read CS Lewis, and discern later as they start to learn what the Bible teaches but CS Lewis was been a deceiver for the false church. He was friends with Tolkien who is very popular in Catholic circles, who pushed paganism as well. Yep they will be wrong about a lot. They are two heros of the apostate church:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ch/news/2003/aug29.html

Bible Believer said...

meant to write 'neo-evangelical' in the above.

Bible Believer said...

They are still pushing the false messages of this stuff having "Christian themes"

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20101211/voyage-of-the-dawn-treader-full-of-christian-themes/

Anonymous said...

The latest movie has so far been a bomb at the box office, it is going to lose money, so there you go :)

Bible Believer said...

I won't be crying over that. LOL WEll, many people have read the Lion the Witch and Wordrobe, but this book is not as well known....so that alone would cut down the sales. There are new fads the churches have moved on to as well, beyond Narnia!

Kristen said...

This is all very sad. C.S. Lewis was a man of God. His books have done much to promote and defend Christianity. I understand that you disagree with his theology in many areas, but he agreed with the same fundamentals of the faith that you do. Please don't call something good and beautiful "witchcraft." These books helped me come to the faith.

When the disciples asked Jesus if they should stop a man from preaching His name when he was not part of their group, Jesus said not to stop him, for "he who is not against me, is for me."

Lewis was not advocating, and never would have advocated, a return to pagan religions or a worship of anyone but Christ and the Trinity. His books were stories. I don't think every little thing in them should be taken so seriously. I know you will disagree with me, but you will see Dr. Lewis in heaven and then he will be able to show all the fruit of his ministry through these books, and all will be well.

Lewis was an Anglican. He loved Christ with all his heart.

Kristen said...

Here is even more blasphemy: "Who will take him out of my hand then" [blasphemy against the Word of God by Satan]

Since these words are spoken by the character representing Satan in the book, this "blasphemy" is hardly being spoken or advocated by the author. The Witch is indeed evil. That's what the author intended to convey.

I suppose you will look upon me now as apostate and as part of the "false" church because I don't agree with you on everything. I think it's better not to be so focused on disagreements on secondary doctrines. It's the primary doctrines that unite us. Lewis believed in all of those.

Bible Believer said...

I know there are many out there who love CS Lewis, I read even one of his theology books,{Mere Christianity?] while still in the Catholic church. The problem here, is that Lewis does incorporate a lot of pagan teachings and himself as an Anglican that was quite open to Roman Catholicism, in his case, he held many false doctrines including Purgatory:

He said:

"Our souls demand Purgatory, don't they? Would it not break the heart if God said to us, 'It is true, my son, that your breath smells and your rags drip with mud and slime, but we are charitable here and no one will upbraid you with these things, nor draw away from you. Enter into the joy'? Should we not reply, 'With submission, sir, and if there is no objection, I'd rather be cleaned first.' 'It may hurt, you know' - 'Even so, sir.'

I assume that the process of purification will normally involve suffering. Partly from tradition; partly because most real good that has been done me in this life has involved it. But I don't think the suffering is the purpose of the purgation. I can well believe that people neither much worse nor much better than I will suffer less than I or more. . . . The treatment given will be the one required, whether it hurts little or much."

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/OldWorldBasic/purgatorycslewis.htm

CS Lewis has served as sort of a conduit for ecumenical Christianity bringing Catholicism, the mainline churches and neo-evangelicals together. I would call denial of the cleansing of the blood of Christ [the Purgatory stuff above] the negation of a PRIMARY doctrine. 1- Peter 1:19

As I have admitted on this blog, I was in the UU and studied things of the occult while in the UU, there are many things in CS Lewis books, that those who have not done this study, unless led "alone" by the discernment of the Holy Spirit alone in this case would not recognize. The books promote sun worship, other religions, and every occultic thing under the sun. I realized even the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe was about children crossing occult threshholds. There is actual Satanic teachings in these books.

This website, someone else did the research and put it all together. I would like you to please read it, and do so understanding that Satan seeks to deceive in a subtle manner, passing off something as Christian that is anything but!

I don't agree with everything on this site as a whole but this page describes some of the problems.

More on CS Lewis's false theology:

http://www.balaams-ass.com/journal/homemake/lewisthe.htm

Focus on False sun Worship and symbols with Aslan
http://www.balaams-ass.com/journal/homemake/lewissun.htm


There are several other links some that directly expose the Satanic symbols.

http://www.balaams-ass.com/journal/homemake/narnia.htm

Kristen said...

I was not aware Lewis believed in purgatory, having not read "Letters to Malcolm." I have read most of his other books, however, and have been very uplifted and drawn nearer to God by them. Some of his apologetic works have helped my faith considerably.

I am not sure that Lewis' version of purgatory (which clearly differs from the Roman Catholic idea) violates the idea of being cleansed by the blood of Christ. As I read the piece you linked to, I found that the issue was not whether it's the blood of Christ that cleanses you, so much how the blood of Christ cleanses you-- whether it's all at once upon death, or a process. I disagree with him on purgatory. I am aware that he deliberately used pagan symbols in his books, that he believed pagan symbols (being chiefly nature symbols, and nature being created by God) could be redeemed and used for God's glory. I do not disagree with him on this, nor do I find his use of these things deadly or dangerous in the way you do.

Again, we will have to agree to disagree. When we get to Heaven, God will make all these things clear to us. What I chiefly object to is the idea of Christians not leaving it up to God to judge, but thinking we have ultimate knowledge of who is saved and who is damned based entirely on our own human, limited understanding of God's ways. His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways our ways, and none of us has a corner on the truth or is free from error.

I find the Narnia books beautiful and uplifting, and I will not fear them. I am a Christian who was once in a fear-based, spiritually abusive Christian "cult," and I have found since that Christianity is not supposed to be about fear.

Though we cannot agree on these matters, I do like what you have to say on many other topics. I suppose I am too ecumenical for you, but I hope we can still get along (I am krwordgazer on the No Longer Quivering Forum). I hope I have not come on too strong here, and I will see you on that forum. :)

Tommy061 said...

Bottom line, did CS Lewis, or any of you professing Christians consider the whole series was missing repentance proven by deeds and a working faith in love? Without such there is no salvation, few preach true repentance, as Christ did, as the only means into the kingdom. You shouldnt be arguing about the books or movies, but about what this man taught as doctrine, and from what I read he diddnt preach you must stop your sinning first, in geniuine repentance, seek the mercy of God, assuming nothing, then salvation can take place!

Bible Believer said...

Why would anyone repent in Narnia? I mean the kids were hanging out with Tammuz [Mr Tamnus] for goodness sakes...Yes good works COME OUT OF FAITH. They do not save themselves, anyhow CS Lewis followed cyrpto-Catholic {Anglican} doctrine.

Eline said...

I read all of the Narnia-books and they really brought me closer to God. I knew there were some non-christian symbols in the book, but I see them as a way to make the book an interesting book for everyone. Narnia is just "an example" of a world, living the same bad way our world does.
As long as we try to live according to the Bible, we should not fear beautiful books like this. I'm sure God will help us to find the right pieces of the story to help us in our lives and relationship with Him.

Bible Believer said...

Try and test Narnia according to God's Word.

The books are dangerous in that they lead Christians to accept non-Christian beliefs, symbols and the rest.

I agree with living according to the Bible but also test this book by God's Word.

Anonymous said...

C.S. Lewis believed in works for salvation (which damns), believed in purgatory, believed that Genesis was an allegory, attacked the blood atonement of Jesus, and more.

Why would anyone defend all that?

Mhea M. said...

I find your use of the phrase 'baby Christian' offensive. Demeaning. I have been a Christian for 22 years and would never think to quantify somebody's relationship with the Most High. Sometimes I wish that we 'old' Christians had the love and compassion, desire and excitement as most 'baby' Christians have.

Bible Believer said...

I agree with you that when someone is newly saved, they have the love and compassion but sadly some lose that with time. I do not use baby Christian, as an offensive term. I have referred to myself as that when talking about years earlier. I suppose one can write "newer" Christian but biblically it talks about babys and milk and meat, so many of us are referring to that verse in the use of the term "baby Christian".

1 Corinthians 3:2King James Version (KJV)

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Anonymous said...

Lewis' belief that paganism was of God is what Clement of Alexandria, and Origen believed as well. I believe Westcott and Hort believed it also. It is linked to Platonism in some say.

Anonymous said...

1 COR 10:20 tells us "the things the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice unto Devils". This proves the Roman pagan church, and CS Lewis to be wrong.