Saturday, October 30, 2010

God is Faithful: Keep in Prayer





1Cr 1:9 God [is] faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord

God has answered many prayers for me recently, the most recent being for an out of state friend who could be facing homelessness to find a home, and other blessings. Praise God for these answered prayers and others! In my life, I have seen people healed and many impossible situations changed via prayer. One thing in this world, remember to step back when under stress and remember to pray when facing a problem. In the middle of a problem, tunnel vision can happen, and people run around, instead of taking the time to do what is most important and pray. Even in the worse situation, step back, and put prayer on the front burner.

There is no request too small or too big for God. Daily conversation with God is of utmost importance, and as a Christian's relationship with God develops they will be in conversation with God more and more. It will no longer be rote, or something you neglect, but something that becomes as important to you as breathing. It is to me.

I still remember the days when I wasn't saved and I had odd worries about "bugging God" with a myriad of problems or feeling not listened to. Well God does listen, and while He may say "No" at times, to some of your requests or those for others, He knows what is best in His perfect will as you grow in the Christian life, you will also find amazing answers to prayers as well.

One thing I have prayed for, which God has answered is when I do not understand something I pray to God to show me the truth on matters. There are times where God may ask someone to do something they do not understand or even in the flesh do not want to do, but if you ask God for clarification and help, He will grant it. Isa 1:8. Keep in God's Word when you pray and understand God is always there for you. Keep in mind as this world grows more dark, prayer will become our lifeblood, and that which keeps us going. Pray for your loved ones, and their salvation and everything the Holy Spirit brings to your attention.

Phl 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Hi Bible Believer,

I have been going over some of your earlier posts and came across this Scripture verse:

God [is] faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

This is a good verse for me to meditate upon.

When I converted to Christ decades ago, virtually the first hymn I came across was, What a Friend We Have in Jesus. I wrote down the lyrics and put it up on my bedroom wall.

"What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer..."

Thanks for this post. "God is faithful: keep in prayer."

Later I discovered a hymn composed of self-talk similar to that of Psalm 103....

"Be Still My Soul."

I have found comfort and encouragement in these two things.

Fellowship with God and Jesus in prayer, and encouraging myself in the Lord.

Like David did in 1 Samuel 30:

3 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.

4 Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.

5 And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite.

6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.

God bless you,

Christ Follower