Thursday, August 26, 2010

God's Comfort and Love


Psa 52:8 But I [am] like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

This is one of my favorite verses, I found this as a new Christian and thought no matter how hard life gets, we always have God to turn to for our comfort, love and support. His mercy to be celebrated and seen via Jesus Christ's sacrifice which led to our salvation.

Life in this world is scary, with the economy imploding, wickedness growing, and many harsh things happening to people when these things happen to a Christian they must remember always to pray and turn to God for answers. Things are going to get bad out there. Sometimes even seeing some of the wickedness, it gets tough, do not let it overwhelm you. Keep your eyes on the blessed Hope. [Titus 2:13].

Realize all these things were warned of in God's Word. I've been in heavy situations, where there was no answer but to cry out to God for His help, and have received that help many times. God will also provide for the believer in terms of food and shelter, and I praise God for providing me not only those things but His daily comfort, help, and abiding by me.

The Psalms especially are full of many reminders of God's love and comfort for us.

Psa 119:50 This [is] my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

Psa 71:21 Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.