Friday, April 16, 2010

Why Can't I Find a Church That Preaches the Truth?




2 Thessalonians 2:3 speaks of the great falling away. Many believe we are in that time now. The evidence has grown clearer that many are following after false preachers. 2 Timothy 4:3 “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears".

The best pastor I ever had, was someone who warned the congregation, “Test every teacher by God's Word, and if they fail this test and you cannot bring them to repentance or remove them, then run for the door!”. This is a message that is extraordinarily rare out there in the churches today.

The message in many false churches has to do with following men blindly instead of following the apostles who in Acts 5:29 stated “We ought to obey God rather then men”. Many false churches claim high authority for men that supersedes scripture such as Catholicism which considers it's Magisterium on par with scripture [1] to evangelical movements such as the New Apostolic Reformation which claims that church leaders today can count themselves among “today's apostles”. [2]

Instead of testing teachers by God's Word as the Bereans tested the apostles themselves with their approval, many in the churches today, just take what they are given, without thinking, questioning, praying, seeking God's guidance or comparing it to scripture. In churches with the antichrist spirit, independent thought is something to be shut down as they lead the members to join with the “world system” and teach them to sit in a pew accepting everything they are told.

One interesting phenomenon in the Christian world today, is the question “Who is your teacher”? Answering “The Holy Spirit” doesn't seem to be enough, as they celebrate vaulted Bible teachers, that introduce endless errors and accuse you of being a “Lone Ranger Christian” that refuses to conform to the hive.

Some seem to think they have fulfilled the Rev 18:4 commandment “Come out of her” just by leaving the Catholic or Mormon church, but many evangelical teachers are following the harlot as well, via false teachings and falling away. In other words racing out of a Catholic or Mormon pew, into a new trap Satan has set, is pretty common for those who ignore the direction of the Holy Spirit. If you see your church leader hanging out with Billy or Franklin Graham [both of whom have praised the Pope as a great moral teacher], or your church leader signing such documents as Evangelicals and Catholics Together [3] , it is time to ask yourself some serious questions.

What does one see when they visit the majority of churches today? Outside of a few fundamentalist, Bible and conservative church and house church hold-outs, that have truly born again leaders and discerning congregations, things are getting pretty hairy out there.

One sees many of the churches on the road to Rome. When evangelical churches start celebrating Lent and Baptists start holding to Advent, and church calendars, you know there is a problem. The Emergent movement is strong with their mystical experiences, appeal to young people, and the so called “ancient ways” and their labyrinths and relaxed coffee houses. Contemporary Christian music, including the worse aspects of rock, has taken over the churches with its repetitive lyrics and odd songs that refer to God, only in third person pro-nouns, like “Hey You”!, one realizes something is wrong.

Even fundamentalist and other churches can fall into Dominionism [seeking to unite church and state and seeking after political power and theocracy] and other errors. There are some Messianic groups who instead of preaching the gospel of grace, are trying to bring people back under the law, teaching that if they do not keep Old Testament law that they will be lost. Then there are the Charismatic and Pentecostal churches that have their members seeking after false signs and wonders and the false teachings of the prosperity gospel. Mainline Protestantism, with it's liberalism and constant compromises is no real option either.

Rick Warren is everywhere, with Purpose Driven Life this and that, and “global” based social-justice missions. Tracts are non-existent, and supposely “only nuts” go out to street preach and witness to anyone. Then there is the core basic, that the majority of churches are yoked to the ecumenical movement, which wants all who claim to be Christians, from Catholics to Mormons to Oneness Pentecostals to all “unite”. Along with the World Council of Churches, Billy Graham and the Lausanne Movement, unity becomes the prevailing message no matter the false doctrines or teachings of participating churches and religious organizations. Of course the end point of the “world evangelicalism movement” is the one world religion and interfaithism, where “Christianity” is just seen as one more path [among many religions] in the global pantheon.

So what is a Christian to do? One thing, that won't be talked about in the Christian mainstream media, is that there are many Christians out there who cannot find a local church that even keeps to the basics and who are now without a church family. They find themselves silenced and ostracized by pastors and congregations who care more about the bottom line then the truth. The Bible does call us to assemble but this can be done, via a home church, or seeking fellowship and prayer with Christian friends. If one can find a good church that holds to the truth, then by all means participate, I was blessed for almost six years being in a church that held to God's Word but did not know how rare that was at the time.

If you are called out of a church by the Holy Spirit, leave, do not let outside pressures keep you in there. Realize that there is great evidence of us being in the “last days” and that this “great falling away” was prophesied. You are to have Jesus Christ as your first love and loyalty, that means refusing to have anything to do with a false church. If you are truly born again and have examined yourself to be in the faith, [2 Cr. 13:5] you are still a member of the ekklesia, this is the “church” that 'counts”: Gods chosen according to 1 Peter 2:9.

13 comments:

Patrick said...

Your words have made an impression on me. I was curious how you interpret a passage like Mark 9:36-41.

Bible Believer said...

That teaching by Jesus, was to make it clear that those who teach they are the only "one true church" [which you see cults doing quite often] are wrong. I know there are truly born again Christians in a variety of places. Of course this does not support the fallen away churches in the times we are now in. Am glad my words made an impression on you, thanks.

Kayfabe said...

I get that all the time from my friends that still go to the instituion, "who is your teacher?" "What church do you go to?" I try my best to explain to them what the church is but it's usually for naught. I feel closer to the Lord than ever before and I left the institution last year. God had been putting it into my heart since the year before but I was hesitant because of the relationships I had there.

Anonymous said...

So you seem to be saging all churches are bad and leadig us all to hell....

Bible Believer said...

The bible tells us all the churches [or just about all of them] would go bad.

I was in a decent church for some time though obvious I differ on most IFB churches now on the Rapture, Dominionism, and other issues.

http://galatiansfour.blogspot.com/2010/08/memories-of-my-first-fundamentalist.html

I think every Christian out there desires a church, I miss the fellowship and more, but even sticking to the standard of finding a church that isn't connected to the one world religion or preaching other false doctrines, means there is no church for me to go to.

And sadly many churches and their hirelings will be leading people to hell.

2 Thess 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

I believe that time is now...

Anonymous said...

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name." Ps.91:14 The "set love" -expression is better explained via original hebrew thought of clinging: "because he clings in me" [Finnish KR-38 Bible translation].

After born again in S.D., I had no church, found none returning back into my homeland. Years later I was commanded to sit in one church, pray for sermons. Cant tell how many times the balooney sermon turned into Holy Spirit filled message! But then fifteen yrs later one day happened that I was told to confront the situation. Very hard to accept as you know it will eventually end the felloship and into situation well described in this blog.

I am so happy to read about brethren across the globe sharing these same same burdens. Thank you for keeping this blog.

Just Cling into His Word: ...the best instruction ever for me, was to read the Bible (KJV) every day, minimum five chapters. This keeps any sinner on the road - also works as repellant against 'too many' friends.

Few Bible passages for fellow travelers:

18. I will gather them that are from sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden. [ =kept far away from 'Jerusalem festivals' ] 19. Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame. Zeph.3

Prov. 18:24: "For his own downfall a man is friends to many..." [Original Hebrew as also Finn KR-38]

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this article, there is a national website King James Bible believers website where you can post your town state and email in search of fellow believers who are looking for a home or house church!!! Just google King James Bible believers fellowship.

Brindle Hester said...

This was healing for me to read. As a very young child I was sick. Because of my illnesses I consider my self blessed. Because I was studying the word. Its all I had. I studied and cross-referenced at 12 began using a concordance to connect dots. By 15 I was deeply depressed. Not because of emotional imbalance but because I was being forced into doctrine I could not find base for. Satan used this to attack the gifts God gave me. My parents who are amazing people even called me rebellious. But I couldn't find the connections. Most leaders scolded me. Except my Sr. Pastor who loved my questions. Any time I hear doctrine I know is only a part of what THAT leader wants not the Holy Spirit I get physically ill. Its become very difficult. I have been blessed as an adult to find a single church that taught the word. Sadly moving meant leaving and into a dry land. My heart has been so broken. My spirit grieving and then shame and guilt. Those voices from 20 yrs ago. Twisting the word. My leaders joking about me, or worse using the miracles in my life to throw a 12 yr old girl into praying over others. When they weren't healed it was because MY FAITH WASN'T STRONG ENOUGH. It makes me so sick to see prosperity gospel preached as though it were fact. To hear the judgment of bible beaters who have no love in them. To see extremes that create a body that seems to be eating it's self alive. And in it all I'm told... "no church is perfect", "its what ever works for them. " I felt so alone. And honestly my entire family is suffering. Because finding freedom and peace and leadership with like minded people is not happening. But this was refreshing. Its exactly where I feel the church is. Falling Away. So I'll continue trying to find like minded people. I will not be ashamed of truth.
Thank you

MrRobertsturges said...

I have had this as a deep and terrible burden for 30 years. We cannot find a local church that preaches holiness and leads people to be wholehearted disciples. Hirlings and showmen and lovers of money are pastoring most churches. At a time when the generation is being flooded with every form of iniquity the churches offer a form with no power. As the nations descend into hell the churches offer entertainment and sermons to tickle your ears. I preach in jails and the streets and asking God for others here locally who want to serve him and live the crucified life. If only there were others near Auburn Indiana who put Jesus and his will above all else. We live in sodom and Gomorrah and the majority of churches is Babylon . Most Christians in America will wake up in hell, it is a sad and undeniable fact.

Bible Believer said...

Mr. RobertSturges, Sorry you are dealing with this too. It is very hard I know. the one man shows and men demanding money even from the poor is too much. The churches support the oppression and yes are a form with no power. The churches preach New Age succeed and have best life now sermons. I can't abide by any of them. I am glad you preach in jails and the streets. All the best. I believe many are scattered and "in the wilderness" now. God bless I will pray. It does help me to know 10 years of this for me, that others have gone through 30.

Bible Believer said...

Brindle thanks for your comment. I am sorry I missed it. I get behind sometimes on my own blog and think I will respond and then forget. I will pray for you too.

Nelson said...

Any good churches in the central Florida area?

anastasia doxologia said...

I think that there is a reason why Jesus talks about 2 or 3 gathering together in His name (there am I in the midst of them) so its possible you can have thousands of people meeting together but God is not present if nobody in that crowd of a thousand is walking in the Light. Then two people could meet (who are walking in the light) and they will experience fellowship and the blood of Jesus Christ cleansing them from all sin.